User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User KINGMUZZAUK
(regular) Fri 06-Jul-12 19:55:44
Print Post

Sky Takeover of Talktalk

[link to this post]

Are the rumours true? Anybody in the know?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5327-rumours-that...

Edited by KINGMUZZAUK (Fri 06-Jul-12 20:00:50)

Standard User atj003
(committed) Sun 08-Jul-12 23:14:12
Print Post

Re: Sky Takeover of Talktalk

[re: KINGMUZZAUK] [link to this post]

I really hope its not the case but seeing as TT havent denied the story that says a lot.
Sky totally destroyed Ukonline they had a brilliant well respected ISP and shut it down.I dread to think what would happen with talk talk unless they just took owership and allowed it to carry on 'as is' could you imagine trying to merge the two companies with two different systems.

Im now out of contract with talktalk on the whole things have settled down and the service is okay its about 2mb slower than when I was with Xilo but we are in the process of moving so didnt want to renew contract theres no way I want anything to do with sky they are just like the Borg now.theres no choice out there anymore sky only changed its rules about being a broadband customer when nearly everyone at UKO left totally as sky wanted you to have the full TV etc and rejected you if you had a 2nd phone line going into the house.IPTV would be a massive attraction for sky something TT knows all about
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 09-Jul-12 00:30:42
Print Post

[re: atj003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by atj003:
I dread to think what would happen with talk talk unless they just took owership and allowed it to carry on 'as is' could you imagine trying to merge the two companies with two different systems.

Seen as talktalk are always getting voted the worst in the uk i cant see sky taking over them making things any worse, and i dont see the problem merging the company either talktalk over the years have bought numerous ISPs and merged them into their own AOL and pipex come to mind.

Ive been with both sky and TalkTalk (at the same time 2 lines) and although i personally don't have much to complain about with talktalk i always thought my sky connection was a hell of a lot better (my personal opinion).
Most people will agree out of the 2 evils sky are better if they buy talktalk it enables sky to be put in exchanges were talk talk are but not sky

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 70000/23828 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package 588M from the cab 6dB snr 22Aten

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Jul-12 05:15:48
Print Post

[re: KINGMUZZAUK] [link to this post]

I doubt very much that Sky will be able to take over TalkTalk , its anti competitive and if our regulator does not stop it from happening i expect the European regulator will stop it from going through .

What Sky want and what the regulator will let them do , will differ greatly , one hopes .

I was also a UKonline customer and have seen how ruthlessly Sky destroyed one of the best ISP in this country and will now also have nothing to do with Sky .

allot of people bang on about how great Sky service is but as a competitive gamer it never quite hits the mark as they still don't let you run on a fastpath profile .
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jul-12 09:21:46
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Cable and wireless don't have Fastpath either, but that never stopped a mate of mine who is on thier network and is a game fanatic, mainly MMOs, but others as well.

If the merge/take over is a good thing for Talk Talk and Sky I have no idea, but it will not be a good thing for the consumer.

Still one good thing if it happens, a friend of mine who is on Talk Talk may get a decent service and Sky may have more interest that Talk talk have.

i wish she would have the get up and go to change ISPs

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALL PAY Wireless broadband
Standard User atj003
(committed) Mon 09-Jul-12 12:30:30
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

aye its vice versa here
my brother upstairs has a sky line (hence the problem we had when UKonline was closed down) because there was already one sky account they informed me at the time impossible for my old Uknoline account to go with them on this line.

Here my speed is double what my brother is getting and he's only upstairs.I got Talktalk to disable DLM and they capped the speed to around 6mb as any higher I start getting issues.DLM on my brothers line keeps coming back TT turned mine off 8 months ago and its not come back once.

it has to be the IPTV that attracts sky more than anything

Edited by atj003 (Mon 09-Jul-12 12:31:15)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Jul-12 14:46:19
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

MMO are not so latency critical , where as FPS can be , in truth im only human and could not distinguish between a interleaved line with reduced ping delay and a line on FastPath but every millisecond saved is an advantage that any serious FPS player , would like and not forgetting i was a UKonline customer and had a FastPath connection over Sky LLU equipment .

Sky one size fits all was never a good fit for myself and strange as it may seem TalkTalk fitted my needs much better and to boot , worked out cheaper as i got my Sky satellite subscription at a huge reduction as i could negotiate as my phone and broadband where not tied to Sky also .
  Print Thread

Jump to