User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 12:40:59
Print Post

Essentials 12 months offer

[link to this post]

I might be missing it, but can anyone spot on the 4 tabs on this page that unlimited downloads reverts to 40 GB after the first year?

http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/essent...

Oliver.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Jul-12 14:08:32
Print Post

Re: Essentials 12 months offer

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

But will it actually revert back to 40gig after a year or will TalkTalk do as BT are doing now and just traffic manage thous users that are using to much at peak times ( that's not to say TalkTalk aren't already ).

Its still not what i would call unlimited , as different products in TalkTalk offerings have different levels of traffic management and priority , i see no reason why they would not run with this and manage the customers connections and have the kudos of being the cheapest unlimited product in the current market .( that will be there words , as said i don't actually think this type of connection is actually unlimited by definition )

Edited by woweebert (Tue 17-Jul-12 14:13:45)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 14:29:09
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

I have confirmed via a live chat that Essentials reverts to a 40 GB download cap after the first 12 months. But the sales pages I linked to makes no mention of it that I can see.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flippery
(learned) Tue 17-Jul-12 14:34:40
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Down page in Promotions says " Unlimited download is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time". Whatever that means.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Jul-12 14:42:09
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
Down page in Promotions says " Unlimited download is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time". Whatever that means.

I would assume it means they can pull the unlimited downloads promotion for new customers at any time. I can't see that being applied to existing customers, otherwise that sentence gives them the ability to remove unlimited downloads from a customer 1 month into a 12 month contract.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 17-Jul-12 14:42:37)

Print Thread

Jump to