User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User audiodud
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 00:09:03
Print Post

Customer Service living up to their reputation.

[link to this post]

I've just signed up for the Essentials package which is for an apartment which I rent out for holiday lets. Essentials looks good as it is cheap and for the moment, unlimited, so I don't have to worry about serial iPlayer and YouTube viewers amusing themselves during the delightful weather we are having.

I asked for the router and any documentation to be delivered to my home address instead of the holiday apartment, but alas after several reminders from myself, this request was ignored and the router was sent to the holiday apartment but thankfully headed off by our local post lady who knows we don't live there and she brought the router round to my home address.

So, a few days later I get my first chance to install the router and on opening the box, I find there is no cable that goes between the router and the filter. I get onto Talk Talk and after much explaining which cable is missing including telling them it's the grey one as shown in the picture in their set-up guide, which is labelled as the "Grey Cable", they say they will pop one in the post. Well, three days later, (not too bad), and sent to my home address, which is good, I am now the proud possessor of, another filter and no grey cable.
Back on the phone again for another twenty minutes of muddled talk and bemusement which culminates in customer service saying they have to send me another router in order to get the "grey cable" to me. Grey cables obviously only come in boxes with routers. Whatever.

Are Talk Talk always this unreliable? Thank goodness this is not for my home.
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Thu 19-Jul-12 00:39:38
Print Post

Re: Customer Service living up to their reputation.

[re: audiodud] [link to this post]

My cousin was sent a single ethernet port router by TT to replace a perfectly serviceable 4 port router because he was having problems with his account/billing and not the broadband as such - fortunately all cables were included LOL!
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jul-12 01:31:45
Print Post

A warning for the future , asking TalkTalk to do things outside there scripted automated systems at your own risk , avoid using the phone when dealing with TalkTalk the members forum works much better , not instant but dealt with in most cases .

Unforgivably the forum would not of helped in your situation and yes that's why we avoid the phone support as it really is that rubbish .

Budget broadband with budget support , that's why its so ridiculously cheap .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User audiodud
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 17:01:00
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Thank you for your words of wisdom. If this story keeps unfolding I will keep you up to date but I'm sure you've heard it all before.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 20-Jul-12 10:58:16
Print Post

Hi Audiodud,

If you tweet us @TalkTalkCare or join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can arrange to send this out for you.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User audiodud
(newbie) Fri 20-Jul-12 17:43:25
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Thank you Mark. I have this morning received the second router kit containing the cable I need, (correctly sent to my home address I should add), removed it from the box and returned the router in the supplied pre paid bag. Bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but I do now have the cable.
  Print Thread

Jump to