User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(learned) Mon 23-Jul-12 16:00:53
Print Post

03 telephone numbers

[link to this post]

Elsewhere on the 02 forum discussion centred around being charged for dialing 03 numbers when if you have an inclusive plan of zero cost calls to 01/02 numbers the consensus of opinion was that 03 calls should also be free.

I also have a 500 minutes any time call package but it was nine years ago under Nildram that I signed up for the package and at that time I don't think there was 03 numbers anyway but my assumption has always been that 01/02/03 numbers would be free.

For the fast time ever I made an 03 call and was charged so I complained. The response from TalkTalk was:

With regard to telephone number 03001230815 (DVLA) this is a non-geographical number and not a landline. Therefore, calling this service number is chargeable. After full investigation of your complaint, I can confirm that the call charges on your account are correct, therefore, your complaint is not upheld.

OK it is not a fortune at 14p + VAT but I do feel aggrieved over the matter and the tone of the response. So if anyone has observations on the matter it would make interesting reading.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jul-12 16:41:36
Print Post

Re: 03 telephone numbers

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/03number

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Jul-12 17:40:19
Print Post

Rubbish! He;s taling through his hat!

It's against Regs and from TT's own Small Print page:

Unlimited Calls
Applies to calls to UK numbers. Max 60mins/call then charged at standard rate. Applies to UK numbers starting 01/02/03/0845/0870 only (excludes calls to Channel Island, dial-up internet, indirect access & all other numbers).
Maybe they are counting it as "Other", but the DVLA is certainly a landline.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Tue 24-Jul-12 12:54:21
Print Post

It maybe worth clarifying with TalkTalk what plan you are on as I assume it's a Legacy plan from Nildram.

Ofcom's advice for 03 numbers is that they SHOULD be included in any minutes package and are charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers.

From the Ofcom "Call Costs" leaflet - How much do calls cost? Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines are typically charged between 1p and 9p per minute, calls from mobiles typically cost between 5p and 31p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages. - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/10/how-much-does-...

I would recommend having a word with them directly to clarify, I believe they now have a NON 0844 number to contact TalkTalk, however I am not sure if this number can be used for Nildram customers as well

Please let us know how you get on.

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jul-12 13:40:56
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
Ofcom's advice for 03 numbers is that they SHOULD be included in any minutes package and are charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers.

You emphasised the word "should", which implies optional compliance. OFCOM use the word "must".

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 24-Jul-12 13:42:28)

Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jul-12 14:58:20
Print Post

Talk Talk are flat-out wrong here and acting against the rules set by Ofcom.
I would escalate the complaint.

Steve
Standard User CJT
(committed) Thu 26-Jul-12 13:37:15
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by CJT:

You emphasised the word "should", which implies optional compliance. OFCOM use the word "must".

Indeed I did... on the specific basis that Ofcom has NO teeth as we have already seen, and TalkTalk have no idea what they are doing or talking about... as we have seen..

The link provides all the information regarding the rates and charges for 03 numbers.

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User charleysinha
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-12 13:28:40
Print Post

Re: 03 telephone numbers *DELETED*

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 01-Aug-12 15:20:07
Print Post

Re: 03 telephone numbers *DELETED*

[re: charleysinha] [link to this post]

Advertising is not permitted.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to