User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Thu 26-Jul-12 14:44:31
Print Post

Anyone upgraded to Fibre?

[link to this post]

I was just looking and I can get it here now, with 46Mb down and 8Mb up estimated at my location.
I'd probably just get the cheaper 38Mb and 2Mb up though first, that'd still be £36 a month in total not including any extra calls.

I want to know what is the new router like and if you need to have a separate modem for this set up? I'd rather stick to an all in one unit. Also what is the wireless signal like, I'd have to use a 10 metre cable for wired which I don't want to do.
The more I think about it, I'm edging towards just staying as I am for a while longer.

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Jul-12 19:00:51
Print Post

Re: Anyone upgraded to Fibre?

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

The only one of those questions I can answer is, yes, there would be a separate modem.

Hope this helps.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jul-12 22:16:35
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

TalkTalk use the HG532 router, one of the LAN ports switches to be the Ethernet WAN port. So wireless range will be the same as what you normally get from a HG532

Yes the Openreach VDSL2 modem is supplied

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Fri 27-Jul-12 14:36:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just been searching for more information, [like I should have done before] I think I'll not bother upgrading for now.

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
  Print Thread

Jump to