User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User barrowfordred
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 18:11:41
Print Post

TalkTalk cannot find my details.

[link to this post]

I've posted this in the ISP Problem forum here.
I'll repeat hear my problem.

My broadband and telephone stopped working yesterday, no dial tone.
I was originally with Pipex, then Tiscalli now TalkTalk.
If I ring Talktalk , something I've done over 10 times today, no one can find my account details? I've tried Home Telecom who say they don't have my details. I can log on and see my emails if I use the Home Telecom link and also the link at webmail.homecall.co.uk which has the TalkTalk logo below the Pipex one at the top of the page.
I've checked my bank direct debit which states "PipexHomecallTD" yet no payment have been taken since February.
My bank say the direct debit is still in place but no money has been requested since that date?
I'm at a loss as what to do. I can't even request a MAC to leave because nobody has my details. If I try to set up a new broadband account with another provider I don't not what will happen. i want to keep my old telephone number.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Sun 12-Aug-12 19:46:44
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk cannot find my details.

[re: barrowfordred] [link to this post]

Go to www.mypipex.net and it'll redirect you to the relevant part of the TalkTalk website. Enter your Pipex email and Pipex password and click Log in.

Tell me whether that works?

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 21:06:42
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

Nope. Doesn't work, error message "Please enter a valid email address and password.
But thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Sun 12-Aug-12 21:34:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by barrowfordred:
Nope. Doesn't work, error message "Please enter a valid email address and password.
But thanks.

Maybe it's the password at fault. Go here and enter your Pipex email address. Does it find you and send out a password reset email or not?

Edit: if not, try registering for TalkTalk My Account again. Enter your landline number and Pipex account number here and click Find me.

If you don't know your Pipex account number, they can find your account by landline number and credit card number or landline number and direct debit account number. This could be the solution you're looking for.

If nothing I've suggested above works, please tell me and I'll see what else I can suggest for you.

Edited by Xplosion (Sun 12-Aug-12 21:38:57)

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 21:49:12
Print Post

Thanks, none of this works though. "Your phone number hasn't been recognised".
Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Sun 12-Aug-12 21:53:01
Print Post

Thanks, none of this works though. "Your phone number hasn't been recognised".

Looks like the account is nothing to do with TalkTalk and has been bound for the Home Telecom express.

Going here, do you know any of the details it asks for? You may find that the username is your PPOA one (the bit before the @ symbol).

If not, can you register for the TalkTalk Members Forums with your Pipex account number (as a last resort, to see if you can drum any knowledge out of them)?

Edited by Xplosion (Sun 12-Aug-12 21:53:39)

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:08:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Xplosion:
Looks like the account is nothing to do with TalkTalk and has been bound for the Home Telecom express.

Going here, do you know any of the details it asks for? You may find that the username is your PPOA one (the bit before the @ symbol).

If not, can you register for the TalkTalk Members Forums with your Pipex account number (as a last resort, to see if you can drum any knowledge out of them)?

Thanks, I tried the login above and get - "Your login attempt was not successful"
I've rung these guys twice and they have been very helpfull, however they are adamant that I am not one of their customers, they too have no details whatsoever of me.
Standard User professor973
(member) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:11:31
Print Post

As monies have no been drawn, I would think your services may well have been disconnected. This would show no record of you on the system when trying to access.

Edited by professor973 (Sun 12-Aug-12 22:12:28)

Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:15:32
Print Post

Thanks, I tried the login above and get - "Your login attempt was not successful"
I've rung these guys twice and they have been very helpfull, however they are adamant that I am not one of their customers, they too have no details whatsoever of me.

Try sending TalkTalk Members Forum a message here. They are basically the helpful people at TalkTalk. I was thinking something along the lines of:

I was originally with Pipex, my landline number is xxxxxx and I have no dial tone. When I call customer service, they cannot find my details. Can you help me out please?

If they don't respond or they are useless, then you might need to get a new connection with BT.

Let me know how it all goes.

(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 22:20:12
Print Post

Thanks for this, I've done as you suggest, I'll let you know how it goes.

In reply to a post by Xplosion:
Try sending TalkTalk Members Forum a message here. They are basically the helpful people at TalkTalk. I was thinking something along the lines of:

I was originally with Pipex, my landline number is xxxxxx and I have no dial tone. When I call customer service, they cannot find my details. Can you help me out please?

If they don't respond or they are useless, then you might need to get a new connection with BT.

Let me know how it all goes.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to