User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tomxlisa
(member) Mon 27-Aug-12 15:29:19
Print Post

Worth The Move?.

[link to this post]

Is TalkTalk worth the option, i've always stayed away from them, but my mate has just ordered them and got a good deal, what is the LLU service like, is it truly unlimited like sky is, all info appreciated?.
Standard User Chippy_Tea
(newbie) Mon 27-Aug-12 15:53:28
Print Post

Re: Worth The Move?.

[re: tomxlisa] [link to this post]

It depends what you want.

If you want an almost guaranteed problem free service with UK based customer service and intend to use P2P a lot then TT is not for you.

If you don't mind a gamble and don't mind using the members forum if you have problems (phone support can be useless) then i would say go for it.

I have been with TT for nearly four years and will be staying with them for the foreseeable future.

They have just made their essentials package unlimited (used to be a 40GB cap) but it does say they will remove unlimited if you abuse it.(see below)

* Unlimited Broadband TalkTalk slows down non-time critical peer to peer file sharing at peak times, to ensure the best internet experience for all of our customers. Promotional unlimited download allowance is subject to availability and maybe withdrawn at any time. Fair usage policy applies to unlimited download allowance. Please visit talktalk.co.uk/fairusage for more details.
Standard User tomxlisa
(member) Mon 27-Aug-12 16:41:01
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea] [link to this post]

What is wrong with P2P on TT then, do they slow it down, i'm not a big downloader, but do download from time to time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chippy_Tea
(newbie) Mon 27-Aug-12 16:46:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by tomxlisa:
What is wrong with P2P on TT then, do they slow it down, i'm not a big downloader, but do download from time to time.

Have a read of this - http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/fup.html?utype=talktalk
Standard User Xplosion
(regular) Mon 27-Aug-12 16:47:23
Print Post

What is wrong with P2P on TT then, do they slow it down

Yes they do. Look here and under the first table it says P2P traffic is slowed down during peak hours.

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Standard User tomxlisa
(member) Mon 27-Aug-12 16:49:53
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea] [link to this post]

So you can use it, but just don't use it 24/7 and take the mick basically, is that what there saying, also what speeds do TT offer up to, i hear of some people getting 24mb with them?.
Standard User tomxlisa
(member) Mon 27-Aug-12 16:54:32
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

In that bit, it says the download limit is 40Gb, i take it they haven't updated the info yet?.
Standard User Xplosion
(regular) Mon 27-Aug-12 17:09:25
Print Post

In that bit, it says the download limit is 40Gb, i take it they haven't updated the info yet?.

Unlimited Essentials is a 12 month offering. I'm sure you could haggle it back after the first year through the forums but bear in mind the usual usage allowance for Essentials is indeed 40 GB.

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Standard User Xplosion
(regular) Mon 27-Aug-12 17:11:56
Print Post

So you can use it, but just don't use it 24/7 and take the mick basically, is that what there saying, also what speeds do TT offer up to, i hear of some people getting 24mb with them?.

Basically don't continuously use it all day long and you should be okay. TalkTalk uses ADSL2+ technology and so in theory speeds can go up to 24 meg but ASA regulations mean TalkTalk are only allowed to advertise it as up to 14 meg.

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Aug-12 17:12:45
Print Post

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

Also essentials will be treated a bit more harshly by the P2P throttling at peak times

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to