User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Oct-12 00:33:45
Print Post

All is quiet

[link to this post]

I'm only guessing here but I take it everyone's TT service has been going good of late?

Not a single new post/thread here about any issues for a while. (Witch is good!)

All good here also..

Apart from the small issue of the "My Account" area of the TT site loading very slowly for me, But i think that's more to do with my PC than TT's service!

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 23448 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 11.2 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 4.2 dB 11.8 dB

BT 8Mb
Virgin 50Mb
BT 7Mb

Other ISP's used over the years: AOL Supanet Pipex Tiscali Eclipse Zen
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 05-Oct-12 18:19:17
Print Post

Re: All is quiet

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

or.... no one can use the service to make any comment smile They must be hitting the phones to get re-connected.

IanD
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Fri 05-Oct-12 19:08:13
Print Post

Re: All is quiet *DELETED*

Post deleted by Fenris

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Fri 05-Oct-12 19:09:20
Print Post

Re: All is quiet *DELETED*

Post deleted by Fenris
Standard User indigobanana
(newbie) Fri 05-Oct-12 19:12:38
Print Post

I am (was) an ex-Tiscali TalkTalk customer, but on their non-LLU network on a Market 1 exchange, and the speeds are pretty terrible at peak times (sub 0.5Mb). I had enough and decided to move to PlusNet last week as my contract had expired. It'll be interesting to see if there is an improvement in performance!

My Broadband Speed Test

Currently with TalkTalk, transferring to PlusNet next week!
20CN ADSL Max frown
I live in hope...
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Fri 05-Oct-12 19:14:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Seansmit17:
I'm only guessing here but I take it everyone's TT service has been going good of late?

Not a single new post/thread here about any issues for a while. (Witch is good!)

All good here also..

Apart from the small issue of the "My Account" area of the TT site loading very slowly for me, But i think that's more to do with my PC than TT's service!

I've been with TT 5 years now, had 1 problem with the line 2 years ago which BT had to fix. Apart from that the broadband service has been trouble free, no downtime ect, it's the best ISP I've had so far to be honest. Now it's unlimited for no extra £5 a month, I'm even happier.

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU

Edited by Fenris (Fri 05-Oct-12 19:16:22)

Standard User Ianph
(committed) Fri 05-Oct-12 20:18:38
Print Post

my service was connected on the 5th sept after a week or so of initial problems of dropping sync and getting line tweaked by OCE's on members forums AND fixing the dropouts myself by setting the router to use PPPoE!!
all is well no slow throughput 13.90meg on speedtests 24/7 even torrents run 24/7 full line speed smile

just found out my market 3 exchange is on the future exchanges list for FTTC estimated end of 2013 so hopefully i will be ok on talktalk till then
  Print Thread

Jump to