User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Nov-12 14:06:54
Print Post

]Free unlimited downloads*

[link to this post]

I have just read an email from TT and it says we are to get free downloads (below) I thought we were already getting this. confused

Free unlimited downloads*
We’re pleased to let you know that from January 1st 2013 your phone and broadband package will now include unlimited downloads*, worth £5 a month. You’ll be able to check emails, download music or stream movies as much as you like without worrying about extra charges.
Standard User ianXX
(experienced) Fri 02-Nov-12 19:38:02
Print Post

Re: ]Free unlimited downloads*

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

I suppose this is rationalising the existing situation, which is:

1. New customers get unlimited downloads.

2. Old customers have to select the (free) unlimited download boost from "My Account" -> "Manage Your Boosts".

There used to be a condition that the unlimited download boost was subject to availability and could be withdrawn at any time. I suppose your email implies this condition is now being withdrawn.

Ian

Edit - Add "(free)"

Edited by ianXX (Fri 02-Nov-12 19:41:31)

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Nov-12 20:34:12
Print Post

[re: ianXX] [link to this post]

I had noticed it had gone from "unlimited but we can take it away if you abuse it" to opt-in if you want unlimited.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User atj003
(committed) Mon 05-Nov-12 15:16:35
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

So basically TT are finally catching up with Sky whos adverts for months are saying download as much as you want. 'truly' unlimited.

its that little *subject to fair usage Policy thats always about most broadband packages
  Print Thread

Jump to