User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wilkofife
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 05:58:03
Print Post

Members Forum

[link to this post]

I am having horrendous throttling problems and cannot access the TalkTalk Members Forum.
Have made three attempts, received three emails telling me they will get back to me in 24hrs. They don't. Help please.

Edited by wilkofife (Tue 13-Nov-12 05:58:32)

Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 18:05:50
Print Post

Re: Members Forum

[re: wilkofife] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wilkofife:
Have made three attempts, received three emails telling me they will get back to me in 24hrs.

Have you tried this - http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/sendmessage.php
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 15-Nov-12 13:28:27
Print Post

Hi Wilkofife,

When registering for the forum you need to send your account and telephone number via the contact us form prior to registering. This allows us to validate the details so you can register. This is a spam prevention measure and ensures that only active TT customers are able to register for support.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Thu 15-Nov-12 22:17:08
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
Hi Wilkofife,

When registering for the forum you need to send your account and telephone number via the contact us form prior to registering. This allows us to validate the details so you can register. This is a spam prevention measure and ensures that only active TT customers are able to register for support.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

Out of interest Mark, can a household member register to use the Forum on behalf of the account holder? For example if the account holder was not comfortable with using the forum?

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 16-Nov-12 11:00:58
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Hi CJT,

Yes non account-holders are able to register, this is necessary as anyone can report a fault on behalf of a customer. It does however require you to use the details of the active TT account (as per spam prevention above) experiencing the fault.

When reporting the fault we will conduct a security check with you. The forum account will then be marked as a non account-holder, which allows us to report faults if necessary, give generic advice and where password access is present means we can discuss some information from the account.

We cannot however make any chargeable changes for a non account holder or password holder, such changes must be authorised by the name account holder (for obvious security reasons). In regards to fault investigations this aspect is only relevant when an engineer visit to the property is required (which may be chargeable) in which case we will seek contact with the account holder directly.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department.

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User kroberts68
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-12 21:39:40
Print Post

wilko,

how have u got on with registering? i am in the same boat now? i have not heard anything back and am desperate to speak to one if he OCEs there... did u finally manage to register if so how?
  Print Thread

Jump to