User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:00:51
Print Post

Rubbish service

[link to this post]

Hi does anyone know who i can report Talk Talk to so i can get out of my contract ?

I have fibre optic with them but cant watch any movies on love film just keep freezing and ITV player is the same and its driving me mad now
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:18:23
Print Post

Re: Rubbish service

[re: samsonsky] [link to this post]

Unless you are taking them to Court, you need to lodge a formal complaint with TT itself before you can report them to anyone, which will be theiir ADR org.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:19:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by samsonsky:
Hi does anyone know who i can report Talk Talk to so i can get out of my contract ?

I have fibre optic with them but cant watch any movies on love film just keep freezing and ITV player is the same and its driving me mad now
No quick solution exists ,

1 You have to exhaust or give the isp opportunity to fix the problem within a reasonable timescale , If they fail, then you start by complaining formally ie, send a formal letter of complaint (to sign for) so you can track and prove that it was delivered if still no resolution, then register a complaint with their ADR service ,
once they become involved you should get a resolution to your satisfaction , but to face facts this could take 3 mths or more from start to finish, or it used to do,
Unless you have only had this fttc service for a very short time then the distance and selling regulations would apply, (ie cooling off period)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:21:36
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:

No quick solution exists ,

1 You have to exhaust or give the isp opportunity to fix the problem within a reasonable timescale , If they fail, then you start by complaining formally ie, send a formal letter of complaint (to sign for) so you can track and prove that it was delivered if still no resolution, then register a complaint with their ADR service ,
once they become involved you should get a resolution to your satisfaction , but to face facts this could take 3 mths or more from start to finish, or it used to do,
Unless you have only had this fttc service for a very short time then the distance and selling regulations would apply, (ie cooling off period)

Sick of calling them now i will cancel my direct debit let them cut me of i don't care anymore
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:22:59
Print Post

Sick of calling them now i will cancel my direct debit let them cut me of i don't care anymore
You will when the debt collectors start hounding you.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:26:33
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
You will when the debt collectors start hounding you.
[/quote

No wont bother me at all
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Nov-12 21:57:55
Print Post

Don't do this. You will get debt collectors calling you at 7am and harassing you.

Also TalkTalk MAY report the missed payments to credit reference agencies which can make it hard to get an overdraft, mortgage, mobile phone contract or credit card. If it sees 3 or more missed payments in a year you generally have problems. Assuming you don't pay TT for a year, that's 12 missed payments showing = major problem.

The issues you are having could be down to the setup. Try troubleshooting & write in via recorded mail.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Thu 15-Nov-12 21:58:25)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Nov-12 23:01:27
Print Post

Have you tried the TalkTalk members forum, there you may even find others with similar problems

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 16-Nov-12 10:55:16
Print Post

Hi Samsonsky,

Im sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with streaming.

If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum or tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can investigate into this, conduct diagnsotics with you and if necessary raise this to our network teams for further investigation.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User samsonsky
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 11:21:20
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
Hi Samsonsky,

Im sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with streaming.

If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum or tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can investigate into this, conduct diagnsotics with you and if necessary raise this to our network teams for further investigation.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

Cant see the point just read all the posts on there, lots of people having problems and nothing gets sorted talk talk are a joke
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to