User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cikoleko
(newbie) Thu 03-Jan-13 02:13:52
Print Post

<< SHARE results + P2P >>

[link to this post]

Hello, is there anyone who got talk talk fibre broadband can you please share your speedtest.net results + does anyone know do talk talk uses traffic management on downloading torrents? If yes can you tell what's the speed then when downloading torrents. Thanks.
I'm thinking on changing to it so it would be good id you tell about it's reliability and stability smile
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-Jan-13 03:12:15
Print Post

Re: << SHARE results + P2P >>

[re: cikoleko] [link to this post]

Talktalk use traffic management and how noticeable that traffic management is , is down to how busy the network is . it can bring your torrents to a virtual stop or is hardly noticeable .

There are ways to get around there traffic management but will cost you money as in VPN tunnel .
Network has improved greatly over the years , and is stable with very few slowdowns and talktalk seem to have plenty of network capacity in most places on LLU with backhuals from exchanges getting upgrades where needed .

If you are a heavy user of P2P , things could be OK but if the network does get busy , mark my words , heavy down loaders and especially those using P2P will feel the full force of talktalk and there traffic management .
Standard User Finguz
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:41:27
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Does the management have any effect on newsgroup downloads, SSL or otherwise?

My Broadband Speed Test

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed

Edited by Finguz (Mon 07-Jan-13 18:42:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Jan-13 11:12:19
Print Post

[re: Finguz] [link to this post]

New groups with SLL seems to not be effected by the traffic management for now . but as said if the network becomes busy and congested in a area they have shown in the past they will traffic manage those that are using to much bandwidth .

As said for now newsgroups seem not to be managed but if newsgroup useage where to get to the same levels as torrent usage you can be pretty sure talktalk network team would start managing it , as in all honesty that's how a network should be looked after , as in nobody likes congestion .
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-13 14:19:40
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
As said for now newsgroups seem not to be managed but if newsgroup useage where to get to the same levels as torrent usage you can be pretty sure talktalk network team would start managing it ,

They can't, because their Key Facts Indicators state that they do not throttle newgroups. If they started doing so, anyone who had signed up to Talktalk on the understanding newsgroups aren't throttled would have a mis-selling case against Talktalk.

Oliver.
Standard User Finguz
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-13 15:43:28
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies, I might just test the water wink

My Broadband Speed Test

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
  Print Thread

Jump to