User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User akawtu
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:35:30
Print Post

TalkTalk market share update?

[link to this post]

Anyone know what TalkTalk's broadband market share is currently?

In the TBB Blog I saw from Sep 2010 to Mar 2012 and it shows TalkTalk maintaining just above 4 million users with a peak of 4.25 million.

I didn't know TalkTalk had become so successful as that is a rather large portion of the broadband pie.

Sky is another LLU company doing well and was closing in on 4 million broadband customers in Mar 2012!

I'm wondering how much of an effect the new EE/BT collaboration with the cheap Unlimited WBC will have on TalkTalk's market share but now I realise it will also affect Sky's market share!

Also, it's strange to me that hardly anyone is talking about the EE/BT Unlimited WBC deal! Their collaboration is HUGE especially because it is likely to severely hinder the LLU suppliers and could result in much higher broadband prices for the majority!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jan-13 17:55:44
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk market share update?

[re: akawtu] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/factsheet/
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/images/factsheet/q4-20...

Sky passed TalkTalk in size in Sept 2012

What colloboration? BT WBC from BT Wholesale is already sold by hundreds of providers, all have their own different take on it, and budget for different levels of usage.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User akawtu
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:14:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I read EE has almost 30 million mobile customers and to me it now seems obvious that they are targeting the LLU suppliers customers using BT's Unlimited WBC product at an incredibly low price.

It's like the EE Unlimited WBC package has been specifically created by EE and BT to take away customers from Talk Talk and Sky broadband.

Out of the those hundreds of providers how many would you say are able to offer Unlimited WBC broadband and evenings and weekends calls for a special offer price of £2.50 per month or £5 per month when you aren't a T-Mobile etc mobile customer?

I'm guessing none of those hundreds of providers if the EE loss leading etc comments on here lately have any substance.

Edited by akawtu (Mon 07-Jan-13 18:15:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:29:00
Print Post

[re: akawtu] [link to this post]

If it actually £5 a month, but first six months are free. Big distinction.
And that includes the £5 discount for being a EE customer and the geographic pricing variation they have.
Plusnet is doing a £5 a month promotion on its unlimited, so another provider thinks it possible.

The loss leader comments people are making are 100% correct, the pricing for WBC is public record.

Honestly though, you need to continue discussion in the numerous other threads you have. Because it is increasingly looking like you are spamming in an effort to promote the EE offer. You may not be, but it could be seen that way.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to