User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User atj003
(committed) Fri 11-Jan-13 19:41:00
Print Post

BT openreach looks like a messed up install.Advice be great

[link to this post]

hi.
on the 31st dec I had the talktalk line installed.
Mum and dad have the main phone line (with sky) but openreach said there were spare wires inside the main socket to enable them to give me the 2nd line with Talktalk (with its own number etc).

Before BT left I told him something was wrong.Mum and dads main line had been perfect before he started the install but after there was like an Echo of a dial tone and it just wasnt sounding right.He told me I was wrong there was nothing wrong with the phone.

Well over the last few days when mum and dad been using their line my ADSL goes off.And today I picked the phone up on my phone line to hear dad talking to gran!!! then the fun really bagan my 13.5mb ADSL went to 2.1mb.Mum and dads phone sounds like an old 56k modem just one long screach.Both the phone lines are dead.

Talktalk CS were brilliant they have informed me someone is coming out tomorrow they have confirmed line faults I was just wondering if anyone can suggest what the problem might be because when I tried to explain to Openreach last time something wasnt right they basically ignored it.Surely using the spare wiriing for my new phone line shouldnt have affected my parents line on a totally different phone number but that echo effect only appeared after he setup my phone line.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 11-Jan-13 22:34:10
Print Post

Re: BT openreach looks like a messed up install.Advice be gr

[re: atj003] [link to this post]

Have the same setup i.e. one cable to house with two lines running on it no problem
Sounds like maybe there is a wiring or two wires from the lines touching somewhere.

Hopefully you will get an engineer who checks both lines properly this time.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User atj003
(committed) Fri 11-Jan-13 23:18:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User atj003
(committed) Sun 13-Jan-13 19:46:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

knock at the door 1pm BT Openreach.

The holding box on the pole was totally flooded.the guy got the line working for all of 5 mins and it went again.there was a break in the cable that was situated on the house just off the pole..then he found a 2nd split on the cable as it enters the house (into the wall).Just as he thought everything was okay something was still wrong so he pulled off the wiring the BT installer had done and found a Staple right through the wire he had installed.

finally everything came back on and just as he was leaving the phone went dead and ADSL went off again.Hes totally baffled but asked me was it okay if he comes back later in the week which I didnt have a problem because at least we have the phone back and could access the 1571 messages etc.

It seems more an ADSL issue at the ,moment.

but all in all he arrived at 1pm was leaving 5:30,
  Print Thread

Jump to