User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Missy_Miles
(newbie) Thu 14-Feb-13 12:51:37
Print Post

Talk Talk and the Indian Man that doesn't understand me.

[link to this post]

I joined Talk Talk in December and since then I have had 22 hours in total on the phone with the people in India, they can't understand me and I can't understand them, this is the second router I have had and my broadband still doesn't work properly, I was with Sky before the switch and had no problems with going wireless, yet Talk talk said I need a new laptop as it's out of date!!!!! This is what broke the camels back, I was online at midnight the other night booking my ticket to the USA, it has taken me months to find the right flight and connections, anyhow just as I was going to book the internet went down yet AGAIN, when I called them up they cut me off 3 times and told me the problem was with my laptop not the broadband. My friend was here and she plugged in her Ipad and it wasn't working either. At a cost of another ticket it has cost me another £120.00 ontop of what I wanted to pay. I wished I never went with talk talk, does anyone know if I can get out of the contract?
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Feb-13 14:19:13
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk and the Indian Man that doesn't understand me.

[re: Missy_Miles] [link to this post]

Use the TalkTalk complaints procedure.

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/my-account-bills/how-do-...

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Feb-13 17:45:12
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk and the Indian Man that doesn't understand me.

[re: Missy_Miles] [link to this post]

First step is what are the lights on the router indicating and if you can log into the router (details are supplied with it) there should be an ADSL status page that gives

Connection Speed
Attenuation
and Noise Margin

Sky broadband often tends to runs connections a fraction slower which means more stable, so seeing the stats above will let people advise you, and if it needs tweaking can suggest what you would say to people on the TalkTalk member forums. (Avoid the phone and use http://talktalkmembers.com/forums/ )

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to