User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Argy70
(newbie) Wed 27-Feb-13 10:35:37
Print Post

Latest Con?

[link to this post]

TalkTalk recently contacted me directly by post offering half price fibre as I lived in a rural area with slow speeds. Fine, I readily accepted and was active in mid January. They then contacted me directly again offering their tv service now my speeds were faster. I accepted and just 2 weeks ago my YouView box was installed. Again that all went well. Now they say I must lose that fibre discount and any others I may have by accepting the YouView box and that I would also be on a 2yr contract! Seems little unscrupulous to me and customer service have been less than helpful. The cost of leaving that new contract are very very high. Sad after so many years with them.
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 27-Feb-13 11:11:41
Print Post

Re: Latest Con?

[re: Argy70] [link to this post]

You should post a query about this on the TalkTalk Members Forums in the Customer Service & Billing section. Since you changed tariffs to the Plus TV plan, then it is normal for discounts from your old plan not to apply, and on the website I'm sure it says Plus TV is 24 month contract for existing customers (18 month for new). Were you contacted by phone or post about Plus TV? If by post, I think you may find the above in the letter, perhaps in the small print. If it was arranged over the phone and you were not informed of the fibre discount loss and contract period, then you may have a case (in hindsight, it is always to specifically ask these questions) - the call will have been recorded, so the support people on the forums will be able to check what was said (or not said) in the call. There may be a chance that you could get your half price fibre discount back.

Edited by Futaura (Wed 27-Feb-13 11:12:01)

Standard User Argy70
(newbie) Wed 27-Feb-13 11:20:34
Print Post

Re: Latest Con?

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

You may well be right about the 24month contract although I can't find on the website about losing all discounts when joining Plus TV. I have put a post on that forum although having referred me to Loyalty Division they have failed to contact me as promised. Just the principle of giving the discount then suggesting I join Plus TV 5 weeks later seems underhand. Appreciate your comments.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to