User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 16:13:49
Print Post

TT Fibre

[link to this post]

Finally persuaded the rubbish landlord of my flat to upgrade the broadband to fibre, but he won't move from talktalk (which, to be fair, isn't that bad at all).

Getting it installed next week. He's only willing to pay for the 40/2 product and would only do the 80/20 one if I paid for the difference for the 18 months, which I don't want to as I might move out in a couple of months.

I was reading that the line might be provisioned @ 80/20 and then TT shape it down to 40/2? If so, can I upgrade it on a monthly basis to 80/20 without extending the contract at all? I don't really need the 80meg down but the 2 meg up is rubbish.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 16:18:12
Print Post

Re: TT Fibre

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Most landlords don't provide a working telephone line never mind pay for a internet connection for their tennants, after all they only rent out property to make money

Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 16:45:37
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Yeah, I know. The utility bills are included in the rent (gas/water/phone/bb)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Feb-13 17:41:32
Print Post

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

The medium products are based on the 40/2 product from Openreach, to use the Large 80/20 and shape it down would cost TalkTalk more money per month, so doubt they do that.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Feb-13 18:13:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I phoned up and asked and she said you could upgrade/downgrade between the fibre products without any fee or contract renewals. Knowing TT though I doubt how true it is...
  Print Thread

Jump to