User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Sat 09-Mar-13 14:48:52
Print Post

Sky LLU to TalkTalk LLU best way to switch?

[link to this post]

Background...

I currently have full LLU with Sky, which I've had for nearly a year so my contract is almost up. I have a triple-play TV, broadband and phone package.

What I'm looking at doing...

The TV works out more expensive than TalkTalk's YouView and I only watch Sky1, but pay circa £20 a month for all the Entertainment channels and there's no cheaper choice with Sky. Because of this I'm looking at jumping ship to TalkTalk with the Plus TV package in a few months when my minimum term ends with Sky Broadband. The problem is I'm not 100% sure after reading multiple different views on the subject, whether Sky can give me a MAC code in this situation and if they can't how I would go about switching to TT while keeping my number.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Sky Broadband Unlimited
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Mar-13 14:55:46
Print Post

Re: Sky LLU to TalkTalk LLU best way to switch?

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Xplosion:
The problem is I'm not 100% sure after reading multiple different views on the subject, whether Sky can give me a MAC code in this situation and if they can't how I would go about switching to TT while keeping my number.

Since phone is LLU then no MAC is required to move to TalkTalk. Sign up with TalkTalk after you verify with them you can keep your number.

Oliver.
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Sat 09-Mar-13 15:04:32
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
The problem is I'm not 100% sure after reading multiple different views on the subject, whether Sky can give me a MAC code in this situation and if they can't how I would go about switching to TT while keeping my number.

Since phone is LLU then no MAC is required to move to TalkTalk. Sign up with TalkTalk after you verify with them you can keep your number.

Thanks for your reply, thought this might be the case as there was no MAC code asked for when I joined Sky. I'll get onto them about keeping my number, which channel of sales support do you think is most reliable for these sorts of queries (Live Chat, Email or Telephone)?

Sky Broadband Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Mar-13 15:12:52
Print Post

I'll get onto them about keeping my number, which channel of sales support do you think is most reliable for these sorts of queries (Live Chat, Email or Telephone)?

Definitely something written, so not phone.

Oliver.
Standard User CJT
(committed) Wed 13-Mar-13 18:27:02
Print Post

[
[b]What I'm looking at doing...

The TV works out more expensive than TalkTalk's YouView and I only watch Sky1, but pay circa £20 a month for all the Entertainment channels and there's no cheaper choice with Sky. Because of this I'm looking at jumping ship to TalkTalk with the Plus TV package in a few months when my minimum term ends with Sky Broadband.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Hi there, I am on the TT Members forum, and the view given regarding the YouView service so far is hardly great if I am honest.

I would look into it in great detail before taking a chance with YouView with TT. I am not sure if it's a YouView issue or a TT issue. But there are several unhappy users certainly on the TT Forums.

KR

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
  Print Thread

Jump to