User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kiran_mk2
(newbie) Sun 07-Apr-13 15:45:33
Print Post

What is the maximum speed of TalkTalk's LLU pacakges

[link to this post]

The TalkTalk line checker estimates I will get a speed of 19 Mbps (with a range of 13-21 Mbps shown). which sounds fine to me. However a lot of reviews have said that the TalkTalk essentials package is limited to 14 Mpbs but I can't see any mention any mention of that on the site. Does anyone know if the essentials package is speed limited or not?
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 07-Apr-13 16:22:04
Print Post

Re: What is the maximum speed of TalkTalk's LLU pacakges

[re: kiran_mk2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kiran_mk2:
The TalkTalk line checker estimates I will get a speed of 19 Mbps (with a range of 13-21 Mbps shown). which sounds fine to me. However a lot of reviews have said that the TalkTalk essentials package is limited to 14 Mpbs but I can't see any mention any mention of that on the site. Does anyone know if the essentials package is speed limited or not?

the maximum TT supports is 24meg Im 99% sure the essentials package is not capped to 14meg as this is talktalks broadband only products now (well BB/Phone) they made it the same as the old plus package a while ago as now the plus packaged is BB/Phone/TV

Hope this helps

Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - IP Profile - 69.54 Mbps / 20Mbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Apr-13 17:57:26
Print Post

Re: What is the maximum speed of TalkTalk's LLU pacakges

[re: kiran_mk2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kiran_mk2:
However a lot of reviews have said that the TalkTalk essentials package is limited to 14 Mpbs
All ADSL2+ products, which LLU is, are up to 24 Meg. However ASA advertising rules require ISPs to only quote speeds which at least 10% of users can attain, so you often will see "up to 14 or 16 Meg" advertised.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to