User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rian
(member) Wed 24-Apr-13 12:55:32
Print Post

Fibire offer for extra 5GBP/month, worth it?

[link to this post]

Hi, all,

I am on TalkTalk Essential ADSL2+ package at the moment, payment about 13GBP/month including the line rental and umlimited broadband and currently in the middle of my 12 months contract.

Just received a call from the TT CS, the lady said I am entitled for an customer upgrade offer:

1. My line can handle 60Mbps for an extra 5GBP/month instead of 10GBP, is it true?

2. It will be a new 18 months, what will happen to my current 12months contract then?

3. Free installation, this is usually 30GBP, too good to be true?

Has anyone got this offer? Any catch on it?

Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Apr-13 13:27:13
Print Post

Re: Fibire offer for extra 5GBP/month, worth it?

[re: rian] [link to this post]

1. Is the speed true, possibly, so long as the various estimators suggest this, and the line length fits this sort of speed. The £5 per month, ensure that is for the full term of the contract and not a 3 months at £5 rising to standard £10 thereafter.

2. Not sure, worst case they extend contract.

3. Free connection is a common offer, so not that amazing.

Basically you need the offer in an email for your records and proof, and how do you know it was TalkTalk, and not just an affiliate doing a very good sales pitch on you?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rian
(member) Wed 24-Apr-13 13:37:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the number and it was from TalkTalk and they do check my account.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 14:16:24
Print Post

[re: rian] [link to this post]

I believe TalkTalk customer options (retentions) are offering customers upgrades to Fibre at cheaper prices than advertised. As Mr Saffron say's.. make sure it's the full contact length for the reduced cost.. not X months @ £5 rising to £10.

If you get stuck then the official support forum at TalkTalk have Staff who can apply credits or check your account for notes.

Out of interest have you taken the deal yet?

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
  Print Thread

Jump to