User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 07:59:03
Print Post

Connection to the server was reset

[link to this post]

I'm technically still with AOL but the equipment and network is TalkTalk.

Over the last few days, I've noticed certain websites hanging while loading - in Firefox, this results in "waiting for......." being displayed at the bottom. Sometimes it comes up with a message saying the connection to the server was reset.

I've also tested ping times to the websites affected and they're fine. Other speedtests confirm things are normal too. My own website is suffering from this problem too, although I downloaded a large file from my webspace and it did it at full speed. It's like there's a problem with downloading images etc from a website but not individual files.

I've tried a different computer, different browsers and a different router, and it's not a problem that occurs at different times of the day.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

It's annoying having to often refresh webpages that haven't loaded properly. I assume it's not a local problem so was wondering if anyone else was finding this?
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 12:21:57
Print Post

Re: Connection to the server was reset

[re: bluesea] [link to this post]

Looking on here - http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/forumdisplay.p... - it seems it's not just me having the problem.
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 14:13:12
Print Post

Hi bluesea,

indeed it appears to be a "network wide" issue... which I am not sure what TalkTalk are doing to resolve.

We shall see I guess

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 27-Apr-13 14:39:02
Print Post

Not had a problem on TT but then again i'm using opendns servers. Use these DNS addresses (at router level) and see if the issue still exists:

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 17:51:19
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Unfortunately changing DNS servers doesn't do the trick. Just have to wait for TalkTalk to get their finger out now. One of the tech team has responded to the thread on the members' forum, saying that they're investigating the issue. Seems to mostly be affecting people in the south-east, suggesting it's a fairly regional problem...
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sun 28-Apr-13 10:24:43
Print Post

Also not having any problems with TalkTalk. Like baby_frogmella I use OpenDNS servers. I'm in the Glasgow area.

Edited by Kaoshan (Sun 28-Apr-13 10:25:13)

Standard User bluesea
(committed) Sun 28-Apr-13 10:42:47
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

This further confirms it's an issue which is only affecting part of the country.
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 29-Apr-13 01:15:28
Print Post

also have been having general webpage loading issues for 3 or 4 days.

DNS is not the issue as the browser connects to the site then is waiting for the site.

A quick F5 normally does the trick.

pingtest gives a grade C with 2% packet loss. 45ms and 1ms jitter are normal. The packet loss isnt

edit: 4 more speedtests, two As with no loss, 2 Bs with no loss but more jitter, so I think the 2% loss was the oddity. Still getting pageload failures though

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!

Edited by Myth (Mon 29-Apr-13 01:32:31)

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 29-Apr-13 16:33:50
Print Post

Hi,

We are aware of some customers in south east regions experiencing issues with web page responsiveness.

This is being investigated and appears on our Service Status page

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/service-status/

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Duchamp
(newbie) Wed 17-Jul-13 20:49:08
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

I'm having these issues in the North East. I regularly get web page not available. Pages such as Hotmail and Google homepages sometimes aren't found.

The two web addresses above (208.) don't work for me. I've called TalkTalk about my upload speed being pathetic (around 3 kilobytes a second - dialup speed) and about 2 minutes before the Tech phoned me the speed went up. He wanted to close the ticket because he told me it was normal now and suddenly it went back to crawling speed as he was getting ready to hang up. I asked him to look at it and run the tests and he just hung up on me mid sentence. (I've recorded the phone call) The strange thing about the online chat preceding this call is that TalkTalk knew that I had not been able to connect to certain pages, despite me not mentioning that issue.
  Print Thread

Jump to