User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jborer
(learned) Thu 23-May-13 17:19:17
Print Post

Moved from Sky To TalkTalk - Sky still charging me

[link to this post]

I had fibre broadband with Sky and the phone line rental with them. For whatever reason TalkTalk don't offer Fibre when you sign up, you have to take ADSL broadband first. So this is what I now have, having just taken the phone line + tv + broadband package. My line and ADSL broadband are now both active with TalkTalk according to the My Account on their website and an email I received from them.

But Sky have now proceeded to charge me another months line rental and fibre broadband charges. They are saying that there is nothing they can do about this because TalkTalk put a cease on the line, and should have removed it when the line became active with them? They also mentioned that TalkTalk should have requested a fibre cancellation with them, though I don't know how TalkTalk would have known I had fibre with Sky to ask that?

I am frustrated because Sky say there is nothing they can do, and TalkTalk are constantly either saying their systems are down and to ring back tomorrow, or that I need to talk to Sky.

Can someone perhaps give me a clue as to I need to be speaking with to get this resolved. Is it TalkTalk or is it Sky?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-May-13 17:20:25
Print Post

Re: Moved from Sky To TalkTalk - Sky still charging me

[re: jborer] [link to this post]

What does the contract say around giving notice to leave Sky?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jborer
(learned) Thu 23-May-13 17:27:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I gave my 30 days notice which was required by the contract. So it isn't the contract that is the issue (the TV part was cancelled OK). The person from Skys retentions department told me that they can't remove the fibre order from my line because TalkTalk had a cease still active on the line, and they should have finalised the cease when my line became active with them. When I tried to relay this information to TalkTalk it was obvious that they didn't know what I was talking about and insisted I talk to Sky.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 23-May-13 18:39:27
Print Post

get on over to talktalmembers.com and register.

Then ask one of the OCE's to look into whats going on.

You will get better support there than you would on the phone.

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 24575 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 14.2 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 1.2 dB 11.8 dB

BT 8Mb
Virgin 50Mb
BT 7Mb

Other ISP's used over the years: AOL Supanet Pipex Tiscali Eclipse Zen
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-May-13 19:02:13
Print Post

So long as you have done your part, then Sky should honour and take up any over charging via their providers, Openreach.

If you have paid via Direct Debit work out what Sky have over charged and purse the partial or full refund via the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jborer
(learned) Fri 24-May-13 06:49:14
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Thanks. I tried to register there yesterday but it didn't recognise my phone number and account number as valid/active. I sent a request via their forum contact form to help with the registration.
Standard User jborer
(learned) Fri 24-May-13 06:54:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sky have said they will refund all money owing once they can remove the fibre order from my line so hopefully shouldn't have to do that. One of the things I am concerned about is that if I cancel the direct debit to stop future money going out of my account if I will then get passed to debit agencies and I could get a bad credit rating as their billing system starts building up more money that I owe them. I just hope it gets sorted soon. I will go through trying to talk to both TalkTalk and Sky again today. I just which there was a way of taking to the "back end" department within TalkTalk.
  Print Thread

Jump to