User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User madmartyr
(regular) Mon 10-Jun-13 11:28:43
Print Post

Can I run XBMC on talktalk ?

[link to this post]

I'm with EE at the moment and trying to run XBMC during peak hours is impossible. I'm currently on a 18 meg profile. Do talktalk still use traffic management and would I be able to run XMBC without any problems?

Cheers

Chris

Primus Planet Talk .....
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Jun-13 11:31:00
Print Post

Re: Can I run XBMC on talktalk ?

[re: madmartyr] [link to this post]

What part of XBMC are we talking about?

XBMC should be independent of the broadband connection, unless streaming media in which case it may be down to the choice of streaming/content provider

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User madmartyr
(member) Mon 10-Jun-13 11:38:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

TV programs and movies. Mostly run fine Mon to Fri till 6pm then it's impossible to run anything without constant buffering. Same on Weeks !!!!

Primus Planet Talk .....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 13-Jun-13 12:19:33
Print Post

HI Madmatyr,

In relation to TalkTalk Traffic MAnagement Policy the following TalkTalk HElp Article will confri this for you.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/legal/broadband-traffic-ma...

You may also be interested in this recent press coverage on Think Broadband regarding a recent change to our traffic management policy

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5866-talktalk-ess...

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TPCR
(learned) Fri 21-Jun-13 16:25:42
Print Post

There have been changes to TalkTalks Traffic management for the better good towards the end user smile

Broadband Traffic Management (direct link to Talks talks Broadband Traffic Management)
We are an unlimited service provider, so our Essentials and Plus TV packages all offer an unlimited download allowance as standard. Please see below for an overview of the traffic management policies used on our broadband products.

Hope this helps

Edit I seen that I was pipped at the post lol

TalkTalk LLU

Edited by TPCR (Fri 21-Jun-13 16:26:30)

Standard User usesearch1
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-13 20:55:02
Print Post

[re: TPCR] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TPCR:
There have been changes to TalkTalks Traffic management for the better good towards the end user smile

Broadband Traffic Management (direct link to Talks talks Broadband Traffic Management)
We are an unlimited service provider, so our Essentials and Plus TV packages all offer an unlimited download allowance as standard. Please see below for an overview of the traffic management policies used on our broadband products.

Hope this helps

Edit I seen that I was pipped at the post lol

Not sure how you think you were "pipped at the post" since the previous post to yours was 8 days ago. Must have been a snail race.
  Print Thread

Jump to