User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Wed 12-Jun-13 01:30:06
Print Post

TalkTalk do not care about your credentials more proof

[link to this post]

Here is evidence of my latest findings

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/sitereports/domain/talk...

JavaScript Obfuscation

Obfuscation (software)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software development, obfuscation is the deliberate act of creating obfuscated code, i.e. source or machine code that is difficult for humans to understand.
Programmers may deliberately obfuscate code to conceal its purpose (security through obscurity) or its logic, in order to prevent tampering, deter reverse engineering, or as a puzzle or recreational challenge for someone reading the source code.
Programs known as obfuscators transform readable code into obfuscated code using various techniques.

Click here to see a screenshot of the proof

TalkTalk LLU
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 12-Jun-13 08:23:55
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk do not care about your credentials more proof

[re: TPCR] [link to this post]

JavaScript Obfuscation is not a threat.

What does it threaten?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Jun-13 10:30:52
Print Post

This is common practice. It prevents people trivially playing games with the scripts or stealing their functions.

It's also not even close to completely secure; an 'IT Tech' like yourself shouldn't have too much trouble reversing Java bytecode with a little patience.

By the way; you do know that the code in the page is an off the shelf BBS solution, vBulletin, not TalkTalk's own, right?

Here's all the Java called externally by that page.

<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_global.js?v=368"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_menu.js?v=368"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js?v=368"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_read_marker.js?v=368"></script>
<script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">

There is no obfuscated Java built into the webpage directly.

If there's anything exotic hidden there it's likely that someone has posted it onto the forum themselves - not TalkTalk. It's a forum, people can post links. They post links to compromised sites these ping AVG's radar.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Wed 12-Jun-13 10:35:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 13-Jun-13 12:43:42
Print Post

Hi TPCR,

In terms of the analytics you have provided, this is relevant to all content on the TalKTalk Members Site. As this includes the TalkTalk Members Forum, it also includes any links posted by members of the forum, not just the coding of the page or content posted by TalkTalk.As such the analytics you have provided will include user posted material.

As you are aware, as a regular member of the forum, the Online Community Executives are focussed on providing Support to our customers and investigating any serivce or account issues raised on the Forum.

We do also conduct light administration on the forum. However, due to the expansive nature of the amount of content on the forum, this moderation/administration is benefited from user flagged posts. Where such links are found and we will conduct moderation/administration as necessary and do take such matters seriously.

My understanding is you are aware of the nature of this moderation of the forum and that we will remove links that are deemed inappropriate or unsuitable in line with the forum Terms of Use, however an element of this is dependant on this being raised to our attention via the Report function, as is the case for many supported forums.

If you do have any further questions with regards the operation of the TalkTalk Members Forum it may be more appropriate to place this in the Suggestions and Feedback section of the TalkTalk Members Forum where this can be addressed by an Online Community Executive.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department
TalkTalk

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Sun 16-Jun-13 20:48:53
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Hi Mark as you may already know by now that I have not recieved any official response on the TT forum from either the OCEs or from the TTRCEOExec via email

However it seems that an OCE can reply on the thinkbroadband forums and not their own (does that make any sence to anyone that reads this ?????)

As suggested by a certain OCE I did post my findings in the Suggestions and Feedback section of the TalkTalk Members Forum where this can be addressed by an Online Community Executive. see Possible breach of security upon completing the new security questions where no OCE has ever responded since the 1st post which started Friday 10th May 2013, 04:56 PM after a OCE told me to post in there as she did not want to forward my findings.

In response to the original post a TTRCEOExec did apologise that it was not escalated

The OCE had alledgedly gave me wrong information according to the TTRCEOExec

Then to top it all off I have been trying to pay my bill as you can see When will TalkTalk STOP I mean are TT so desperate for funds

I had to resort to the telephone support to try and get it sorted but as good as they tried by resseting my account etc still the same.

and still no official word on the TT forum to say they are working on a fix or to admit or deny my findings in reference to the obfuscation java issue.

Note:

Also refer to the recently deleted posts in your area 51 last seen at 11 am today

Then the truth will come out at last

I do not like the way I have recently been treated and want to leave TT at the earliest oppertunity.

When you read the above linked posts you will see evidence that A certain OCE can not tell the truth after I asked

Monday 10th Jun 2013, 12:19 PM Can you please forward and re-raise this known issue with them with the screenshots, and ask them if they were to log into any of their accounts would they not find it an annoying nuscience that needs to be removed.

The OCE replied

Monday 10th Jun 2013, 02:23 PM I am not able to re-raise an issue that has already been addressed by the My Account team.

and 32 mins yes 32 mins later same OCE

Monday 10th Jun 2013, 02:55 PM As with all issues that are raised on the forums we have provided feedback to the My Account team regarding your concerns over this issue. This was done earlier today.

Also another statment from the same OCE

Monday 10th Jun 2013, 10:24 AMThis issue has been raised with the My Account team previously. As this is not targeted marketing specific to your account it will not be removed. If you are unhappy with this I would suggest you follow the complaints process as we are unable to assist via the forums.

When the 1 in the face interrupt ad as can be seen in the screenshot names me, so therefore it is specific target marketing.

Is this reasonable behaviour from a profesional person on an open forum ?????
As you know against all odds I gave TT the benefit of the doubt but now their hooks are in I get treated this way (it is disgusting)

Your competition can save me over £200 per year and they wont treat me bad as they have a far better reputation than TT

TalkTalk LLU

Edited by TPCR (Sun 16-Jun-13 21:23:06)

Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Mon 17-Jun-13 13:33:07
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Hi Mark

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
Hi TPCR,

If you do have any further questions with regards the operation of the TalkTalk Members Forum it may be more appropriate to place this in the Suggestions and Feedback section of the TalkTalk Members Forum where this can be addressed by an Online Community Executive.

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department
TalkTalk

Can you please note

That I have already been there done that wore the tee-shirt etc and you will see in my last post in the thread Your Ideas & Suggestions for the Website & Forum you will see my post dated Tuesday 11th Jun 2013, 11:44 PMin the Possible breach of security upon completing the new security questions thread named and your post on here (ThinkBroadband) was dated Thu 13-Jun-13 12:43:42 and still no reply to any of my posts on the TalkTalk Forums

So you knew about this on Thu 13-Jun-13 12:43:42 and not bothered to check to see if I had indeed posted the feedback within your own forum and or be bothered to reply to my findings etc

However it amazes me how you can find the time to scope out forums other than your own forums to reply to.

And whilst I am at it I wold also like to note that since holding the hands a filling the shareholders pockets since the youview came out the support for the YVTV increased rapidly leaving a decline in the rest of the support threads (and I am not the only 1 to notice it)

Yes I know you all have to follow orders like good soldiers but TT needs to get their priorities straightened out.

and also I was told by an OCE not long after TT introduced the security questions that as I cleared the DPA before hand I would not have to fill the questions in however recentkt a certain OCE made me fill them in before she would give the support.

I am fed up of the lies and contradictions from 1 or more OCE's, my bills being overcharged every month that I had to go on your forums to get it sorted each time the list is getting longer not shorter

TalkTalk LLU
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 17-Jun-13 16:07:00
Print Post

i'm no fanboi of TalkTalk, but I see nothing in your threads and links that would cause me undue worry.

The threat is a possible threat only, just like hammers are possible murder weapons.

The webmaster thing has been dealt with as far as I can see (I doubt very much that there is a job title at TalkTalk called Webmaster smile)

A web form allows interaction with the database without giving database access to the form user. The form gives a code which when used by the OCE in their special form presents detailed database information on that form or report.

The TV Ads are not personalised or directed specifically at you, they are directed at everyone who logs in.
You can argue that it only targets those who log in, but that's not the same as being personalised, or you could argue it was personalised as it was directed at only people with working eyeballs. Jus because an ad isn't directed at everyone in the world doesn't make it personalised.

Yes, it's annoying, but it is not a legal problem. It's an aesthetics or customer service problem. As you attempted to attack the ad via legal means, that is the response you got. If you had attacked it from an aesthetics/CS viewpoint you might have gained more traction.

That you can't get to the right page to pay your bill is your only relevant grievance. I also distrust DD and you have every right to be able to pay on the day of your choosing, after checking all the details are correct. DD screws up so often the only fair assumption is that they purposely "make errors" hoping you wont notice.

Not sure you will take my advice, as I know how it feels to head down an stubborn path, but if you can, drop the other issues and focus on the bill payment issue. You need some kind of solution before it goes as a default on your credit history

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Mon 17-Jun-13 16:35:36
Print Post

Low and behold and I can now stop holding my breath agin lol

I have had a reply by an OCE on their forum after I posted on here to my thread
Possible breach of security upon completing the new security questions

Who is blaming me for bumping up the thread and he clearly does not want anything to do with it

With repsect to your Thread in the Customer Service and billing section, this will be picked up in due course by the OCE handling that section. I can see this has received a response from OCE Emma but the last few posts are from yourself.

and

As such this is bumping your post causing a longer response time from the OCE as your are effectively moving your thread to the abck of the queue. As such I would advise if you wish to add more info to the thread while awaiting an OCE reply, that you use the "Edit" feature on your last post. This will allow you to add more information but wihtout affecting your position in the queue.

it is cllear that since th mentioned OCE_Emma's last post on Tuesday 11th Jun 2013, 03:14 PMthat TT does not want to bother sorting this out

Hi TPCR,

The CEOs office have spoken with me regarding your complaint this morning as they were not certain what the complaint related to and sought some clarification from us - for this reason I am fully aware that your complaint is with the CEOs office. I can not advise when they will contact you as they will need to fully investigate all aspects of your complaint.

so where is the feedback from the TTROCEExec then ????????

TalkTalk LLU
Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Wed 19-Jun-13 02:29:23
Print Post

How can anyone be especialy a professional support personell get away with Not reading and absorbing the facts that are clearly in black and white

I clearly said

In reply to a post by TPCR:
Monday 17th Jun 2013, 06:36 PM

Hi Mark

The billing issue is seperate form the original complaint

I do have the contact details and contacted her directly last monday and she queried my complaint with OCE_Emma the following day on Tuesday.

But yet to contact me over the matter.

In reply to a post by Mark:
Tuesday 18 Jun 2013, 10:11 AM
HI TPCR,

If you have direct contact details then by all means you can use these to contact your CEO POC for any queries relating to your complaint.

With respect to the billing issue this can also be addressed.

Regards

and now on about the billing issues can be addressed by a OCE

What a mess TalkTalk are in as they can not read the facts and or be consistant in their statements

In reply to a post by Mark:
Tuesday 18 Jun 2013, 04:05 PM
hi TPCR,

The notes on the account fro the CEOEXec team indicate that they had been in contact with you and advised that this has been fed back to the Online Community Department for consideration. Following this the comaplint was closed as you ahd indicated you were happy with the actions that had been taken.

With regards to the billing query, I can see that you ahve been in contact with the Retentions Team who recommended you de-register and re-regsiter for My Account. Can you confirm fi you were able to do this sucessfully and if issues persist on the payment screen?

Tuesday 11th Jun 2013, 03:14 PM
Hi TPCR,

The CEOs office have spoken with me regarding your complaint this morning as they were not certain what the complaint related to and sought some clarification from us - for this reason I am fully aware that your complaint is with the CEOs office. I can not advise when they will contact you as they will need to fully investigate all aspects of your complaint.

In reply to a post by TPCR:
Tuesday, 18 Jun 20313 12:19 PM

So they are fully aware of the original issues which as a result have clearly broke my account. with the ads etc.

Note

I find it disgusting that a TTRCOEEXec can contact your OCE but not reply to my email

I have never been treated this bad by anyone and for a Multimillio ££££ company it is way put of order and I now want to leave TT at the earliest oppertunity

As it stands apart from phoning retentions myself on Friday, I have had no other support to get my bill payed and the CEOEXec team has yet to reply to my email or to contact me in any way shape or form regarding this issue

Absolutly disgusting is an understatement with 1 day left till the TalkTalks deadline to pay the bill by the 20th of the month and no support or resolution in sight

Please refer to the above links for conformation vis the TalkTalk forums

TalkTalk LLU
Standard User TPCR
(newbie) Wed 19-Jun-13 18:52:54
Print Post

Still no official word from either a CEO or OCE and with approx 5 hours and 10 minutes untill their automatic service will kick in to downgrade my service i find this absolutley disgusting.

I am guessing that TalkTalk do not want me to pay my bill so I get a black mark against it

Please confirm or deny if TalkTalk wants me to pay my bill and be 100% honest.

Because of the obvious lies that 1 OCE states it is with a TTRCEOExec and another OCE claims it is not with the TTRCEOExec

I should have this bill for free or at the very least a very reasonable discount including the forseeable future

but you already know how that would pan out so you might aswell say goodbye to a loyal customer that stayed with TT against all odds

Also note that I am on the Dlink-DSL-2780 trial but I may have to decline because of your system stinks or rather the coders that broke MyAccount stinks to be quick enough to break it but not quick enough to fix it.

I wonder if it will take as much time as a thread called Deleting stale web site that started Tuesday 08th Nov 2011, 07:47 PM and still awaiting resolution as of Wednesday 18 Jun 2013 to get resolved

I know they will say you can not discuss other members threads etc

However please note that I am only relating to only the time it is taking to get resolved

TalkTalk LLU
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to