User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ashmo
(regular) Thu 13-Jun-13 14:18:48
Print Post

Customer service very shocking!

[link to this post]

I had fibre installed last week the first 5 days or so I was getting a nice stable connection of 70mb - 73mb download and even at some points getting the full 76mb download good pings everything going sweet.

Done a random test today and I found I was getting around 58mb download 20% less, so I called up TT asking for a simple reason why has this happened, the first Indian guy said we can not see any issues with your speed its all fine I asked to be put though to a manger which he did I explained the same issue again he said he would do a line test and call me back within 10 minutes.

30 minutes later he calls back and says the same [censored] there is no issue found your speed is fine, so I asked again ok no fault found which is what I expected but what is the REASON I have lost 15mb download since installation, I asked is there IP profiling or DLM for fibre he said NO there is no such thing in place for fibre once your connected that's it, so I asked again what is the REASON I have lost this speed again he said there is none, he then said I am 5 miles away from the exchanged this is causing the slowness I said I'm connected via the cabinet that's what FTTC is he then has the cheek to question me on my knowledge on ADSL, fibre, FTTC and everything trying to catch me out and basically said we don't care that your getting less speed your getting above the "estimated" speed and kept saying he can send an engineer at a cost! I was like what's an engineer going to do? He didn't say anything I asked who deals with your IP Profiling as this does exist he said no one does we don't have anyone that does this we can't control it and then started to talk fast so I could no speak saying some random [censored] and then hung up!

NOT IMPRESSED!

Edited by ashmo (Thu 13-Jun-13 14:22:04)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Jun-13 14:52:08
Print Post

Re: Customer service very shocking!

[re: ashmo] [link to this post]

Probably is no real answer as to why the drop in speed.

Maybe openreach DLM has kicked in and moved you to a more stable slower profile, or it might just be TalkTalk network was having a slow few seconds.

Phoning talktalk after one random test is a recipe for inducing stress

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ashmo
(regular) Thu 13-Jun-13 15:01:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Probably is no real answer as to why the drop in speed.

Maybe openreach DLM has kicked in and moved you to a more stable slower profile, or it might just be TalkTalk network was having a slow few seconds.

Phoning talktalk after one random test is a recipe for inducing stress

The "Technical Manger" said there is no DLM for fibre they are a total joke, first he said there is no IP profiling ether but 5 minutes later he said my IP profile is 62mb download said again what is the REASON for this other then TT are just slowing me down cause they can what they want what a JOKE the only option he gave me was ether pay for an engineer I don't need or downgrade to the slower package lmao!

Edited by ashmo (Thu 13-Jun-13 15:09:02)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Fri 14-Jun-13 20:14:36
Print Post

The forums here at TBB are great, and provide a wealth of knowledge.. however one word of advice when dealing with TalkTalk... use their official forum for help and no the telephone support, unless you REALLY have to!

The forum is Here

I hope this helps you out,

Just remember that the support is NOT real time, and they only work Mon-Fri.. however they are MILES better then the telephone support.

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Jun-13 21:01:24
Print Post

With fttc the ip profile is a direct calculation from the actual sync speed. It is 96.2% of the sync speed.

Ip profile and dlm are all controlled by openreach

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User professor973
(committed) Sat 15-Jun-13 00:31:19
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

I cannot see why anyone in their right mind would consider an ISP where the only decent support is an online forum. As much use as a chocolate teapot if your broadband is down.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 15-Jun-13 12:20:58
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

1stly I did not offer the option when someones Broadband is down.. the OP mentioned a drop in speed so this was an idea opportunity to suggest the official forum!

I agree that in an ideal world phone support should be 100%or at least very close... but we don't live in an ideal world and wallets/purse strings are very tight

In such a situation some of us must look to save Money, and it can not be argued that we succeed in doing so by joining the likes of TalkTalk and their budget broadband offering..

It would appear from your post, that you have not had to make that decision!

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 16-Jun-13 15:18:01
Print Post

also, most people have access to the internet in more than one way these days, be it mobile phone network or free wifi out and about. Failing that, a neighbour or friend can help.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User professor973
(committed) Sun 16-Jun-13 16:24:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by CJT:
1stly I did not offer the option when someones Broadband is down.. the OP mentioned a drop in speed so this was an idea opportunity to suggest the official forum!

I agree that in an ideal world phone support should be 100%or at least very close... but we don't live in an ideal world and wallets/purse strings are very tight

In such a situation some of us must look to save Money, and it can not be argued that we succeed in doing so by joining the likes of TalkTalk and their budget broadband offering..

It would appear from your post, that you have not had to make that decision!

So possibly you could enlighten me regarding my purse strings. If you want a pointer, my income has dropped by 66% in the last 4 months, but I would still drill holes in my head before I considered TalkTalk, who incidentally unbundled my still Market 1 exchange 2 years ago.
Even good customer service would not tempt me to the pile 'em high merchants!
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8905/hqke.jpg

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Sun 16-Jun-13 16:29:59)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Jun-13 19:33:36
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8905/hqke.jpg

I find this really misleading...
Customers on Sky, TalkTalk etc are more the average Joe Bloggs who choose the mass market providers. These people have far less knowledge overall than someone who chooses Entanet reseller.

The speedtest is higher on this ISP, not because sky only provides 3.3 Mbps but because the sky customers have probably incorrect setups e.g unfiltered sky boxes, extension leads, not in the master socket etc.

People on entanet are overall more likely to get this right.

So I feel speedtests like this aren't really representative. I for one know on Sky at all 3 houses I've been at have given me better speeds than any other provider.

Also for a long long time sky gave free 2Mbps internet which brings their results down.

AOL still has some legacy customers on 1Mbps fixed products too.

It's not a like for like comparison what so ever.

As for TalkTalk they're overall not bad connection wise, it's just customer service which sucks.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 16-Jun-13 19:35:16)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to