User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-13 14:53:49
Print Post

Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[link to this post]

Basically to sum everything up I have been on Holiday for the last 2 weeks.

When I got back I opened all my post To see a Letter from BT stating that I have moved my Phone / Broadband to another provider. I did manage to find the provider who seems to be talktalk as I also had letters from them.

Upon calling talktalk it said on some automated system that the service would be active from Tomorrow. I currently have BT Infinity at my property and they did say a BT Engineer would be called out. So I'm not sure what to think.

The Adviser on the phone could not tell me anything regarding the account as I'm not the account holder. When I ask to speak to a Manager they put me on hold for hours and I end up getting cut off.

Still on the call

Edited by uppi (Wed 11-Sep-13 14:55:16)

Standard User uppi
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-13 15:21:09
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

44 Minutes on the phone this time.

Got through to a manager who said they will get back to me Tomorrow.

A router has arrived but I'm not sure if my service is being migrated from VDSL to ADSL. so I'm worried as I could loose my broadband service. The talktalk router looks like a BT Homehub.

Edited by uppi (Wed 11-Sep-13 15:51:56)

Standard User timl
(committed) Wed 11-Sep-13 17:02:45
Print Post

If I was you I'd call up your current provider, BT, and ask them to help you stop the transfer. It may be to late but it's worth a shot. It's better than waiting for a manager from Talktalk to contact you tomorrow.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 18:06:29
Print Post

So did you place an order with TT ? As you haven't provided any background info as to how this came about ,If you ordered any services from tt wich services did you order ?
As for your existing FTTC service this may end up being ceased and BT will charge you a ceastation fee, unless you had arraged to leave them, by requesting a MAC code and giving the required notice
Standard User eckiedoo
(member) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:24:07
Print Post

"The Adviser on the phone could not tell me anything regarding the account as I'm not the account holder."

Have you spoken to "the account holder", as you clearly state that you are not that person?
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:30:31
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
So did you place an order with TT ?

Probably not, since the OP is not the account holder.

Oliver.
Standard User brushton
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:41:25
Print Post

This - or something very like this - happened to my octogenarian parents earlier in the year.

They got a letter from BT saying "sorry to hear you're leaving etc, your service will end on [date]". My Dad called them up and said they'd never asked to move, were happy with the service and wanted to stay. The BT droid said the termination had been cancelled so they had nothing to worry about.

A week or so later my parents' phone line stopped working frown Some hours later they had a dialling tone but their old number didn't work. After an hour or two my brother and I figured out the new number was a TT one, so we "took it to the top" wink Even so it took 2 weeks to get things back to normal, and no-one could contact my folks on their old number in that time frown

Long story short, my parents' number had been incorrectly entered into the system by a TT droid who'd been advised about a house move (someone else's house move). This triggered the automated transfers which the BT droid was supposed to have blocked, but messed up. (Said droid was subsequently given "coaching" by BT). Hence the transfer happened, and it's a nightmare to unravel, they just can't cope with it frown

It sounds like something similar might have happened with your number, but at this late stage you might just have to escalate as best you can, and be patient for a week or two while they unwind things frown

Hope this helps
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:48:15
Print Post

[re: brushton] [link to this post]

Hold on a second, so you're saying... any company (ISP) can file an "automated" transfer request with BT, for any number (in your case, a typo'd one, that just so happened to be your parents'), and BT just go "yeah, sure, whatever" and let the transfer proceed through without making contact with the line owner to first confirm that this is indeed valid, and that they are aware of the transfer request? Seriously?

All they do instead is send out an automated computer generated letter saying "sorry to hear you're leaving" ?

This entire system is so broken beyond belief, I have no idea where to start. frown

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:51:01
Print Post

[re: brushton] [link to this post]

2 weeks which isn't good enough, If some company slams your line, they should be fined and the customer should be comphensated, by the provider responsible for slamming ,at a set rate for every day until their original services are re instated

1week is too long never mind 2 weeks
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 19:53:01
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

well the title of the topic says "my services"
Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to