User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User s3ds
(regular) Sat 05-Oct-13 02:19:15
Print Post

TalkTalk SimplyBroadband

[link to this post]

After putting the price up for essentials by £1 they are now offering SimplyBroadband @ £2.50 ( No calls included ) Im glad they let me go early TBH
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Oct-13 09:42:17
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk SimplyBroadband

[re: s3ds] [link to this post]

Essentials is to be essentials tv. Non recording youview and broadband entry level service

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Oct-13 21:25:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Essentials is to be essentials tv. Non recording youview and broadband entry level service

What is the point?

simply broadband is cheap, maybe too cheap. cheaper than what i am paying even if i added fibre onto it, but the thought of going with Talk Talk fills me with horror.

i will stay as I am I think, not that I have got much choice for another 6 months or so.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro , laptop by Mint

ALLPAY Wireless broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 06-Oct-13 16:00:19
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

opening the cupboard at night used to fill me with horror, but times move on you know smile

I've never been a TT fanboy, but I can honestly say I've had no issues for the last two years.

Now on FTTC 37mbit/2mbit for £114 upfront and £10.75 a month (this includes the £5 extra for unlimited calls aswell)

Seems to be no issues with p2p when I use it. My pings are hugely lowered (66ms to 40ms to Hamburg), googleDNS from 40ms to 25ms, but all in all it is good value for money.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Oct-13 21:00:04
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

i just could not bring myself to use Talk Talk, no matter how cheap, their customer service is a shambles and their home safe is too much spying for my liking and being in Huawei bed, also makes my shiver.
Bad enough that Huawei is all over the Uk as it is.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro , laptop by Mint

Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 06-Oct-13 21:16:58
Print Post

I think I have homesafe turned off, not sure if the StalkStalk thing is still active.

Also, you don't have to use the supplied home router.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Oct-13 23:02:29
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

It don't matter if you got homesafe off or on, your browsing still end up going through Huawei systems. Also Huawei is in the exchange as well. For some reason TalkTalk and Bt seems to think Huawei is fine.

i expect the system I use goes though some Huawei equipment at some stage, can't get away from it by the seems of it.

Anyway, Huawei or no Huawei, i still would nto use TalkTalk. and to be honest the prices they are doing now is too cheap and is just going to knock more small ISps out of business which is what TalkTalk want to do, juts like sky and Bt.

Adrian

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Oct-13 07:47:31
Print Post

Adrian

for pity's sake stop banging on about the poor quality/ service etc of TT. You've never used it , nor have I but I got embroiled with them because of problems after my husband died .

Now leave 'em alone .

PLEASE

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.8.4 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User comnutter
(newbie) Mon 07-Oct-13 10:04:13
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

What **everyone** seems to FORGET.... >frown >frown

It is **impossible** to label the WHOLE country as 'having a bad TT service' ... :/

*every* ISP has good and bad areas - this is mainly due to **BT** not maintaining the quality and condition of the lines - a VERY difficult job, when they are usually in hard to reach areas, ruined by rain, farmers, builders... you name it....

It also depends on how you use it, your internal home connections, etc...

A friend has had TT for years,(AND moved twice!!) has had no problems at all... BUT then she only uses the phone package, all her kids only use one or two pages of internet a day....

I am a heavy user, so I decided to change to virgin CABLE , NOT for the service, but to escape the utter mess of too many ' middlemen' !!

Tesco (at my social club), is even worse down here in twick, middx, their first suggestion after I said the line is noisy, is check the filters???

it took 2 weeks of calls for them to realise, and send in the openworld guys... frown
- fault on line, you cannot use the BT line checker, it does not belong to them!!

Edited by comnutter (Mon 07-Oct-13 10:12:31)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Oct-13 10:31:46
Print Post

[re: comnutter] [link to this post]

I agree, I know plenty of people who are on Talktalk and happy with it. Especially when the broadband costs £2.50 and the phone costs less than BT.

And they're not nearly paranoid enough to worry whether Chinese hardware is used on their connection!

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to