User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Mon 07-Oct-13 13:30:15
Print Post

Customer Service Nightmare

[link to this post]

Hi - wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

Talktalk have made a complete mess of my fibre connection.

I took out an 18 Month contract in September and rang to upgrade to the faster fibre package shortly after.

Rather than upgrade the package they decided to start messing about and sent me another you view box - followed shortly after by cancelling the fibre connection.

This has presently left me with no internet whatsoever.

The matter has gone to their "CEO" team and I've been told it will be looked at "early this week".

My question is - at what point can I say enough is enough and that they are not honouring their side of the contract and go somewhere else? - Also if I did decide to contact another ISP would this cause further issues and delay my connection even further from being sorted out?

I was previously on their "LLU" service before the fibre was activated.

Any advice would be great,

Dave
Standard User brandscill
(regular) Tue 08-Oct-13 11:23:05
Print Post

Re: Customer Service Nightmare

[re: DaveMead] [link to this post]

Similar nightmare happened with my brother. Signed up for fibre in August meant to be installed September 10th, nobody came. Then after 6 promised call backs which they failed to keep I phoned up and went through 2 hours of hell and got a new appointment for the 23rd September. BT don't come again.

Called up on the day to check as well, was told they're on their way. Called back after 6, was told the appointment was cancelled the day prior and nobody knows why. Called back next day for the promised notes from the BT engineer, nothing. Then the case went to CEO team... they called friday just gone, a guy is dealing with the case, direct number etc call you next week to arrange compensation and install.

Brother at home Monday (yesterday) BT man knocks at the door (no idea they were coming) hear to install your broadband, activated the phone line had no idea we should be having fibre, made some odd excuse about another man doing the fibre in the street then it will work (no modem so it won't will it BT)... nobody came back.

Called the guy in CEO team at Talk Talk, brother paid for the 2 days taken off work for missed installs, upgraded to large fibre for same price as regular and given £50 credit on the account... (I'll believe it when I see it at this point)

Currently now waiting on a phone call today to find out why a BT man just appeared yesterday and why in gods name he didn't install the fibre. It's almost crazy that it's had to go all the way to the CEO team just for someone to come and install fibre broadband for a new customer.

In short, Talk Talk have THE WORST customer services (unless it's the CEO team) but from past experience their provided broadband is pretty good and cheap... I guess the cheap just means if it goes wrong, it REALLY goes wrong.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 11:35:36
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

I don't have much experience with calling ISPs for technical support but recently I raised a fault with Sky. Each time I was called by Sky (UK call centre), we arranged a 1 hour call back slot and each time they rang when they said. An Openreach engineer was booked for the very next day after my testing was complete and the fault was fixed (the Openreach engineer was great too).

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brandscill
(regular) Tue 08-Oct-13 11:51:43
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I only ever hear good thinks about Sky customer service. Shame they don't provide fibre to my brothers flat, EE, Talk Talk, BT and Plusnet do but Sky aren't there yet.
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Tue 08-Oct-13 13:17:19
Print Post

I think its shocking that nobody on their regular phone lines has been able to sort it out. I went to the "forum" as they have previously been a great help and was told after a week of waiting that their "backlog" had gotten out of hand and they could no longer help.

The only solution was for it to go to the "CEO" team who seem in no hurry whatsoever to contact me, leaving me without any connection at all.

Just wondering at what stage I say enough is enough and contact any ISP to help get me out of this fiasco.

Dave

Edited by DaveMead (Tue 08-Oct-13 13:37:05)

Standard User brandscill
(member) Tue 08-Oct-13 13:49:09
Print Post

It might be worth waiting around for the CEO team. They did good on compensation for my brother (assuming he gets it all) but I understand the bitter taste left behind.

Oh the forum is awful, I had an active thread, went to respond can't. Why? No verified email address... that's odd I thought. Add it in, apparently it's banned. Why? Who knows! Can it be fixed? Nope...

Edited by brandscill (Tue 08-Oct-13 13:49:58)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Oct-13 14:00:31
Print Post

TTB is OK though a reseller though - the reseller can escalate faults/throughput issues to TTB director level and then it gets effectively sorted smile
Standard User DaveMead
(learned) Tue 08-Oct-13 14:31:09
Print Post

Cheers, think I'll give them a chance to respond. Just losing the will to live with the whole thing now!

Dave
Standard User desyduk
(newbie) Thu 09-Jan-14 19:44:39
Print Post

Do you think Managing Director of BT Customer Service Warren Buckley’s allegation that BT “deliver a seamless multi-channel approach” to Customer Service is an oxymoron? http://www.mycustomer.com/topic/warr...service/158207
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Sun 12-Jan-14 13:59:14
Print Post

Dave best advice is get the heck out of that trainwreck.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to