User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Tue 12-Nov-13 15:36:06
Print Post

Router Settings

[link to this post]

Hello,

I've a new router - Netgear N300 DGN2200. I've connected it to my talk talk unbundled adsl 2 service. It seems fine but can drop the connection for some hours at a time, then pick it up again. Currently I'm on a dropped connection time where it's been 3 days.

I wondered, please can anyone tell me what I should enter into the settings just to be certain I've got it right.ie:

PPPoA (ATM) or PPPoE

VC Based? VC Mux 0,38?

Or LLC-BASED and if so are the VPI and VCI 0 and 38?

DSL mode I have set to auto

Sorry if this seems ridiculous to ask, I'm just getting driven demented at the moment and need to check this before calling Talk Talk

Thank you for any help
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Nov-13 16:12:09
Print Post

Re: Router Settings

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

Auto detect should be fine

If not then the usual PPPoA, VCMux and VPI 0 VCI 38 are fine.

These settings either work or not and have no link to the connection dropping. Take a peek at http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/stats/routers.html#netgear for your router stats, it may be the line is marginal and the router is simply not able to connect due to combination of noise and line length.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Nov-13 19:17:10
Print Post

Re: Router Settings

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

Are you dropping sync (the stats are all 0) or are you dropping Internet (the stats are meaningful)? If the latter, issue is with ISP's authentication server.

What's log say?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to