User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sova
(newbie) Sun 23-Mar-14 15:30:09
Print Post

Downgrading TalkTalk package

[link to this post]

I've been with TalkTalk for a few years on their 'TalkTalk Plus' package. I'm currently paying £15/month for this service (not including line rental).

I see on their homepage that they now offer "Essential Broadband" for a mere £3.50/month. As I understand it, the difference between "TalkTalk Plus" and "Essential Broadband" is, in the very literal sense, purely nominal.

Assuming this is correct and there is absolutely no advantage to staying on my existing overpriced plan, does anyone have advice on how I might 'downgrade' with the minimum of fuss?

Obviously this offer is available only to new customers, but I imagine I can obtain a cheaper deal by declaring my intention to leave over the phone. If anyone's had any success with such a pretense, let me know.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Mar-14 17:04:40
Print Post

Re: Downgrading TalkTalk package

[re: sova] [link to this post]

so if the calculator is correct you are looking to save £138 per year moving from talk talk plus to talk talk essentials.

I suggest you give them a ring and ask for that deal. If they say its not available to you, then just state "that's ok I am also looking at other suppliers with similar deals". see what then say then. Have a look at current sky or plusnet deals

IanD

Edited by iand (Sun 23-Mar-14 17:05:32)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 23-Mar-14 18:43:43
Print Post

SimplyBroadband and its voice line rental does not include any inclusive calls
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/talktalk/package/1...

Essentials TV is £8.50 per month and includes Weekend and evenings calls plus a basic you view box.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 23-Mar-14 19:38:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by sova:
I've been with TalkTalk for a few years on their 'TalkTalk Plus' package. I'm currently paying £15/month for this service (not including line rental).

I'm paying £5.75 per month (+ line rental) for the same plan - Talktalk Plus with unlimited anytime calls but no TV. Give retentions a call and they should offer you something very similar but you will get tied into another 12 months contract. Forget Essentials package if you want anytime calls included.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 5S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 24-Mar-14 19:24:07
Print Post

Parents were on the international3 since TalkTalk inception (about £30/month all in) but I was reluctant to change them onto a new contract before we knew what was going on with FTTx on our cabinet.

Once it became FTTC and talktalk were able to provide that I was happy to swap.

I wanted a medium fibre for £5 deal they had offered to those on low speed ADSL but it finished the week before I tried....

I pleaded a bit and got put through to retentions who set me up a great deal of medium fibre and anytime calls for £10.75 a month.

Whether it was length of time, or the £30/month or both I don't know, but the feeling I got was that we hadn't had the best value for those 6 years, and this new deal was able to be lower because of that.

So yes, definitely try retentions. Actually give them a figure you;d like to pay and see if they can do it laugh

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
  Print Thread

Jump to