User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Sat 12-Apr-14 18:34:07
Print Post

TalkTalk Business

[link to this post]

Hi all,

I am considering moving over to TTBusiness.

Has anyone any recent experience of them.
What is their speed and reliability like?
Apparently there Cs is a small team based in Hull (? I think) and is much better then the residential one. Again any experience?

any comments gratefully received!

Thanks Woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Apr-14 18:52:25
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business

[re: ukwoody] [link to this post]

Dealt with TT business a few times and they are generally very good. Support isn't scripted. They claim there is no prioritisation/throttling on the business product and it isn't contended as much... Reliability will most likely be the same as normal TT really as it will all go through the same equipment at some point.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 12-Apr-14 19:22:08
Print Post

I transferred to TT Business from TT residential (full LLU) a few weeks ago and been very impressed with the support & speeds. Almost AAISP-esque like support based in Warrington. Also the TT business service runs at a higher priority than the residential service at the exchange and i get full line speeds on P2P.

Had no issues with TT residential and was lucky enough to be given a static ip address many moons ago but was told i would be put on a dynamic ip if i moved to TT fibre. Despite begging and pleading with the TT OCE's, was told tough titties frown TT business will let me keep my static ip when i'm moved from ADSL2+ to fibre in a couple of weeks. On the downside they cost more than the residential arm but still cheaper than the likes of BT Business or Plusnet Business. I'm paying £48 a month (incl vat) for 80/20 fibre, line rental with unlimited landline and mobile calls. Oh and they have a very nice iphone app as well smile

If you use their online chat, at the end the agent asks you to leave feedback on trustpilot and on the whole its pretty good:
http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/talktalkbusiness....

--------------------------------
TalkTalkBusiness LLU 17 meg

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 12-Apr-14 19:30:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Wed 16-Apr-14 19:52:38
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Appreciate the comments guys, thanks very much. Still trying to decide at the mo...
woody

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
(experienced) Wed 07-May-14 11:34:55
Print Post

Went live with TalkTalk Business yesterday and these are my speeds day & night grin

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Linksys EA6900

Edited by baby_frogmella (Wed 07-May-14 11:47:27)

Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Fri 23-May-14 19:30:17
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Wow!

I have for the moment gone with Xilo, but depending on various isssues to do with fibre coming next month, I may look again!

cheers
woody

regards,
Standard User ncudmore
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 04:36:58
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Almost the worst ISP. No wait is the worst ISP I've dealt with over the years.
I had TT Business installed after BE were eaten by Sky.
The line took 3 weeks after the install date to be actually up and walking.
The speed is half that of my BE connection.
The support is well... non-existent. I wanted to set-up NAT on their supplied modem router, so people could access my web site and email servers and when it didn't work, on contacting their support I was told it's not supported. Quite how a business class service provide will not support getting a supplied modem router to allow web and email servers working and still call themselves a business ISP is beyond me!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Sep-14 09:57:07
Print Post

[re: ncudmore] [link to this post]

Not supported as in they will not walk you through it.

What router do they supply? The same online guides should help you figure you it as for consumers. The core TalkTalk Business services are really just the consumer product with VAT invoices, they do not buy an outside IT/Broadband expert. This is particularly the case with the lower end products, move towards the Ethernet/leased line area and things may change.

Support walking you through setting up say port 80 forwarding sounds simple, but once you start down this line, you are then into having to explain NAT loopback, complaints when a HTTP server vanishes from the NET when really a cheap VPS in a data centre would be the better idea.

Edited by MrSaffron (Mon 29-Sep-14 17:29:58)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Mon 29-Sep-14 17:04:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
............ The core TalkTalk Business services are really just the consumer product with VAT invoices.........................

You are probably right there although I thought you had UK support operatives. Expectations are that using a Business division, they respect that your time is best spent on your business and not spending an inordinate number of minutes on the phone with an upgrade order from ADSL to FTTC. In my case having to go through the task twice because the original order got "lost" despite confirmation emails and SMS messages to be ready to meet and greet the OR engineer on installation day.

If the OR engineer cannot gain access to your premises on installation day you get fined but a no show doesn't get you compensation or a good will offer.

Being a TalkTalk Business customer can be financially attractive if it works well but like so many ISPs today, if you have a problem, then you are very lucky to have it resolved to your satisfaction. Been there all to often recently.
(experienced) Mon 29-Sep-14 17:17:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The core TalkTalk Business services are really just the consumer product with VAT invoices,

Really?

Some advantages of the business service over the TT residential arm:

1) Far Far far better phone support based in Warrington, almost AAISP-esque

2) Up to 4 static ip address

3) Option to pay bills by credit card without being hit by non DD charges

4) Free business call features as standard on tel line on complete broadband service eg free call waiting, ringback, conference calls etc

5) Free house moves without starting a new contract

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps