User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Sun 27-Apr-14 18:17:50
Print Post

TalkTalk IPTV Channels Broken

[link to this post]

Since I upgraded to fibre with TalkTalk my IPTV 'Boost' channels haven't worked, giving me the errors IPC6023 and TTG-894.

As usual with overseas support, I have had to make over 10 phone calls to TalkTalk, a live chat session where they only offered to arrange a callback and I have posted on the official forums where they offered a callback again. I have had 2 engineer visits and would've had 2 more if they had their way. I have gone through the rigmarole of scripted troubleshooting many times, TalkTalk have even provided me with a replacement router which I chose to keep using because the way I see it, a new router can't be a bad thing (even though the router isn't causing the issue).

The issue is currently with the CEO's Office as a complaint because the fault manager people I was speaking to kept saying they couldn't find a fault.

Multicast configuration issues have been thrown around as a possible cause by engineers and it was something I had thought of myself but today I realised something which could be a conclusion to the issue. I checked my exchange on the BT Wholesale checker and it didn't show 'Fibre Multicast' as a service currently available to me despite me having FTTC.

It looks to me like TalkTalk are billing me for a product which is unavailable in my area and I'd like other people's views on this situation. Do Openreach sometimes forget to set up Fibre Multicast, can TalkTalk request for them to set it up or will I just have to wait?

Thank you,
Xplosion.

TalkTalk Plus TV with Fibre Large
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Apr-14 09:54:25
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk IPTV Channels Broken

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

I will have to let you know if my TalkTalk TV works when I get my Box back later today.

I'm new to FTTC and also have no Fibre Multicast showing.

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Status (Est)

Connection Speed 79999 Kbps 19999 Kbps
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Mon 28-Apr-14 14:26:45
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

It would be a great help thank you smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Apr-14 14:44:55
Print Post

The multicast will only be used for live programmes, since multicasting for on demand makes no sense

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Xplosion
(member) Mon 28-Apr-14 14:48:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes the Boost channels are the live ones, on demand (BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc.) works as it should for me.

Standard User Xplosion
(member) Tue 29-Apr-14 18:01:46
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Hi Sean is your TV working now?

Standard User Xplosion
(member) Thu 29-May-14 20:50:06
Print Post

Channels all fixed now, even the CEO office took weeks to get it resolved but it was an issue surrounding incorrect IP addresses somewhere along the line.

Now waiting for a call to sort out some compensation...

Print Thread

Jump to