User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gdavid
(committed) Sun 27-Apr-14 19:59:02
Print Post

Thinking of moving to TalkTalk

[link to this post]

I am currently with Xilo on their TT LLU service which of course includes the phone.

The real reason for a switch is to reduce costs as I am now more regularly exceeding my monthly usage. Although there is no penalty there is still an extra charge for it.

I have been looking at TT but am bothered by their dismal reputation. I have seen on their forums people waiting weeks for a connection and no apparent effort to resolve it. Living in the sticks we suffer from line problems and Xilo are quick to help.

I would like to know of others experience, but also whether the TT Business would be a better choice?

I am not sure how easy it is to transfer from the Xilo TT LLU to TT. I do realise there is a cost from Xilo to stop the service.

My exchange is SDMDHRS

Regards

David

Edited by gdavid (Sun 27-Apr-14 20:00:08)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 28-Apr-14 12:16:53
Print Post

Re: Thinking of moving to TalkTalk

[re: gdavid] [link to this post]

What does the TT residential or TT business line checker say re: availability when your enter your tel number?

TT residential is fine if you don't mind dealing with their forum support but obviously its not real time support. TT business has very good phone support (as good as the likes of Zen, IDNet, Goscomb etc) but you do pay more. Both are reliable and you get extras like static ip address, higher network priority on the TT business service. Both offer unlimited calling plans so can save loads if you make lots of calls. You pays your money and you takes your choice smile

--------------------------------
TalkTalkBusiness LLU 17 meg

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 28-Apr-14 12:20:28)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 28-Apr-14 12:31:49
Print Post

We do have an unmetered package...

Might be worth getting in touch if you have not already.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gdavid
(committed) Mon 28-Apr-14 14:24:41
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
What does the TT residential or TT business line checker say re: availability when your enter your tel number?

TT residential is fine if you don't mind dealing with their forum support but obviously its not real time support. TT business has very good phone support (as good as the likes of Zen, IDNet, Goscomb etc) but you do pay more. Both are reliable and you get extras like static ip address, higher network priority on the TT business service. Both offer unlimited calling plans so can save loads if you make lots of calls. You pays your money and you takes your choice smile

Thanks for the info.

Have contacted them and there is no problem with them taking over the line. It is down to the relative costs.

This is bit OT but do you have any experience with their mobile network.

Regards

David
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 28-Apr-14 14:33:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by gdavid:
This is bit OT but do you have any experience with their mobile network.

No direct experience but i know a few people on TalkTalk mobile and they've not had any issues. AFAIK it runs on the Vodafone network.

--------------------------------
TalkTalkBusiness LLU 17 meg
  Print Thread

Jump to