User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adsluser77
(newbie) Mon 28-Apr-14 19:43:39
Print Post

TalkTalk Removed my Annex M

[link to this post]

I have an ADSL Line with Annex M that I have had since Nildram years ago, which is now part of talktalk.
It is a business line on a business package. IT should be a talktalk LLU line.

Due to having a large IP address block and hastle changing my IPs, I have never moved it to another talktalk product or ISP.

Today, Talktalk without telling me in any way, cut off my line and switched it to Annex A, so now I have only 800kb upstream instead of 2.1Mb. I had to waste hours diagnosing this until support told me "a change was made to my account today, did I place any orders!"

No I did not, at all in anyway make any changes.

As far as I know they are still charging me £67 for my connection even though it is now 1/3 of the speed it was. Expensive I know, but its due to the additional IP addresses and a product that is years old, plus Annex M etc.

I look at their website and the business products offered do not have Annex M - this is very strange, and I do not understand why they have just changed mine to Annex A. How can an ISP who is selling business broadband no longer sell Annex M and move their customers off it without telling them?

Fibre is still not available in my area.

Does talk talk no longer offer business grade connections with Annex M?
or anyone else have issues with talktalk making such major changes to your line and not telling you.
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Wed 30-Apr-14 13:37:13
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Removed my Annex M

[re: adsluser77] [link to this post]

I think the asnwer would be in the documents which were sent to you when talk talk took over your account from Nildram, along with the option to migrate away if you were not happy.

Thats usually how these things happen

Talk Talk are probably cleaning up after the migration process and found your account

Pipex(dial up => adsl) => Nildram => Zen

Visit my IT Blog Lets Blog about IT
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Apr-14 14:11:52
Print Post

I can't speak for Talk Talk but Talk Talk Business do offer Annex M services generally. Were you moved from Nildram to Talk Talk or to Talk Talk Business?

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adsluser77
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 15:10:57
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

TalkTalk Business

Apparently they had a outage of all their Annex M customers, and have tried to fix it Tuesday.
Mine worked as Annex A up to Wednesday morning, now it does not work at all.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Apr-14 15:12:53
Print Post

That must be TTB direct customers than as our lines via TTB with Annex M have not been affected (I have one personally and Annex M is still on it and working normally).

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
  Print Thread

Jump to