User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-May-14 08:57:49
Print Post

How things have changed !

[link to this post]

How things have changed at Talktalk. Sadly a fault develop with my broadband and phone on Friday, of course this always happens on a bank holiday weekend. I thought Oh dear I will be without a usable service for the next few days. How wrong I was ! I called technical support Friday evening and the spoke with a very pleasant young lady who called me back on my mobile and guided me through the usual line tests. She ran the automated line test from their end, and eliminated any problems with the equipment in my home using the test socket and a wired phone etc. She told me the automated test system did not show the fault but she could hear the fault and see my router was frequently disconnecting. She told me she would escalate the problem to the network engineer to investigate. I received update texts throughout Saturday explaining what was happening and informing me an engineer had been dispatched. 11pm Saturday Evening my line went dead for a couple of minutes while the necessary repairs were carried out at my local exchange. Once again I now have a crystal clear telephone line and a full speed broadband connection. I was previously a very happy Be* broadband customer and found their support first class, judging by this recent experience Talktalk have equalled if not bettered this. I can now honestly say, the service I have received has been first class. I have always believed in plain speaking, and donít complain without good cause. Equally when I receive good service I also think it is vital to give credit where credit is due. Thanks

Edited by rego (Mon 05-May-14 10:00:35)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-May-14 09:42:18
Print Post

Re: How things have changed !

[re: rego] [link to this post]

Wow, just wow, either you was very lucky or Talk Talk is finaly sorting out their customer service.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-May-14 14:07:14
Print Post

Wow , just wow , and im a long time TalkTalk customer and avoid using the phone when dealing with TalkTalk at all costs .

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 06-May-14 14:26:07
Print Post

Is this a business line?
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-May-14 15:39:44
Print Post

[re: systemx] [link to this post]

Re; Is this a business line? No as a registered disabled person although fiercely independent, I do rely on my care alarm to give me the safety, security and independence in my own home so as you will realise my broadband and phone line are vital to my wellbeing

Edited by rego (Tue 06-May-14 15:48:50)

Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 06-May-14 15:48:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by rego:
Re; Is this a business line? No as a registered disabled person although fiercely independent, I do rely on my care alarm to give me the safety, security and independence in my own home.

Good for you I hope you remain independent. And hence the exemplary service from your phone provider.
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-May-14 16:00:20
Print Post

From past experience the fact I use a care alarm has had very little effect on suppliers. In fact when my line rental was with BT I was without a service for 10 days and even after the so called repair was effected there was still a fault on the line
Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 06-May-14 16:10:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by rego:
From past experience the fact I use a care alarm has had very little effect on suppliers. In fact when my line rental was with BT I was without a service for 10 days and even after the so called repair was effected there was still a fault on the line

were BT aware that you are registered disabled. It may sound like a stupid question but just having a care alarm may not "ring any bells" (sorry) with BT

If just having a care alarm was a passport to business-style service care, you can imagine what people who work from home using a residential service would do.

Edited by systemx (Tue 06-May-14 16:24:12)

Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-May-14 16:34:08
Print Post

Not only were BT aware of my disability but after 5 days I had to get my social worker to call them to get things moving. I had originally waited for 45 minutes on a neighbours phone to get through to their Indian call centre to report the fault, and when I eventually did get through the person at the other end of the phone spoke with such a thick accent I could barely understand him. Eventually after emails sent on my mobile and a rather large mobile bill, and help from my social worker I did get it sorted. As sky were taking over my broadband provider Be and my yearly contract for my phone line with BT was near the end I thought it was time for a move. A friend recommended Talktalk and it was with some trepidation I decided to switch to them after speaking with their UK team who were most helpful.
Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 06-May-14 16:48:57
Print Post

Well I am happy that you are pleased with the service you now receive from Talk-Talk.

Did you ever fill in this form when with BT?

www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

Edited by systemx (Tue 06-May-14 17:25:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to