User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Sat 14-Jun-14 11:50:25
Print Post

Moving home

[link to this post]

Moving home, talktalk want £160 for the 6 months remaining on the contract, or a new 18 month contract; there is no other option. Apparently OFcom agrees with them. This is diabolical, smacks of sharp practice. WHy anyone would use TalkTalk when there are other supplier eg Plusnet with a far better reputation for customer service defeats me.
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jun-14 16:04:49
Print Post

Re: Moving home

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

I assume you have some form of telephone/broadband package with them.

What is the £cost you are paying per month vs. the £26.67/mth release cost.

I thought that a provider can charge a cancellation fee but it had to be representative of the true costs they will incur for you not using the service, say £8/mth for just BB

If I was in your situation, I would be looking at the talk talk web site and try to understand why they would be quoting this £26.67/mth when this is not on their web site as a cancellation fee.

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/about-cancelling-my-tal...

IanD
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jun-14 21:41:04
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Most likely TT are charging termination fees for Fibre Medium + BB Plus @ £25.50 pm for 6 & a bit months.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Jun-14 08:18:34
Print Post

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

If you have a fibre broadband package, and had the free installation provided you took out a contract for a fixed period, you would have to pay this exit fee for the remainder of your contract whichever provider you are with.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 15-Jun-14 11:45:20
Print Post

[re: rego] [link to this post]

As you never pay that installation fee when you see out the contract, then it should be covered by total of the early termination fees.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Jun-14 14:51:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Some ISP's do charge for fibre connection and also all of the main providers i.e. PlusNet, BT, Talktalk are a minimum 18 month contracts. As Rob has over 6 months to run on his existing contract the £160 is the cost to pay the remainder off. However they have offered to waive this if he has an install at the new property but will be subject to a new 18 month contract. This is not really any different from most of the ISP's that have these contracts. I think this maybe something to do with the fibre to the cabinet which is in most cases an openreach install.

Edited by rego (Sun 15-Jun-14 15:05:42)

Print Thread

Jump to