User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colin1951uk
(regular) Sat 12-Jul-14 14:24:19
Print Post

Number for TalkTalk Retentions

[link to this post]

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's still possible to phone the Retentions people and if so what's the number?

My contract comes up for renewal next Thursday and I want to see if I can either stay as I am or maybe get a little more knocked off my tariff.

I've tried 0870-087-8038 and 0870-444-1820 but the system has changed now and where you used to get various options e.g 'Thinking of leaving TalkTalk' to get through to Retentions you now have to tell the system what you want and in theory you get put through to the right department. I tried saying 'Thinking of Leaving' and got put through to Sales and somebody from England told me my tariff was no longer available and then launched into trying to sign me up to a tv package at a miles higher price. I just had a row with him after he wouldn't listen to me and just kept the sales pitch up so it was just a waste of time.

I've looked on the Talkalk forums and they don't appear to give numbers out for Retentions anymore and refer people to a web link where you can have a live chat with an agent. Whether it's a Retentions agent I have no idea but in any case I'd prefer a telecon with someone as I'm more persuasive that way.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers...Colin
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 13-Jul-14 04:09:51
Print Post

Re: Number for TalkTalk Retentions

[re: colin1951uk] [link to this post]

just tell them you are not renewing your contract, they'll soon put you through to retentions

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jul-14 08:53:46
Print Post

Just call customer service. You can get exactly the same deal as is offered to new customers i.e. six months half price. I think TalkTalk are the only ISP that offer the same deal to existing customers as new ones when renewing their contract.

Basic unlimited broadband £1,75 for six months add unlimited anytime uk calls boost £5 a month Pay line rental for a year in advance saves £50 {this has increased recently inline with what all the other ISP's are charging] After the six months half price you are still only paying 50p a month more than the old essentials package but you get anytime UK calls included

Edited by rego (Sun 13-Jul-14 09:12:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bob_lucas
(newbie) Sun 13-Jul-14 09:17:16
Print Post

I was on the original TalkTalk tariff, which was introduced when TalkTalk launched many years ago. That tariff included unlimited broadband, unlimited phone calls to 01, 02 & 03 numbers (but not 0845 or 0870) and unlimited telephone calls to most EEC countries, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

I make very few international calls and I realised that other ISPs were advertising cheaper tariffs. However, my TalkTalk broadband service was fast and reliable - and I didn't want the hassle of switching. I discovered that I could halve the cost by changing to the following TalkTalk tariff:

Simply broadband £3.50 per month
Anytime UK call boost £5.00 per month (includes unlimited calls to 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 numbers)
Total £8.50 per month

Although I have a direct debit arrangement, I obtain a 15% discount for immediate payment by credit or debit card upon receipt of each bill, which reduces the cost to £7.22 per month.

I use the 1899 service, if I need to make an occasional international call. However, TalkTalk do offer various boosts that include international calls, which might be attractive to anyone who makes a lot of international calls.

I also pay my line rental annually in advance. The annual TalkTalk line rental cost £126 in December 2013 (equivalent to £10.50 per month). That was cheaper than any other provider. It is probably more expensive now, so check the cost. You can switch to annual line rental at any time, even midway through your contract.

I arranged everything through the TalkTalk sales number, and did not need to speak to their retentions department.
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 19-Oct-14 12:44:15
Print Post

[re: bob_lucas] [link to this post]

the line rental in advance has now risen to £172, rather than £192/12 per month (£15.95)

I was on an 18 month contract with 12 months of the £15.50 package @ £5.75 and medium fibre at £5.

Having just moved into the 13th month I asked to speak to retentions just to see if they would do anything, and I have a new 12 month contract at the same low price as before for the whole 12 months.

Very happy!

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
  Print Thread

Jump to