User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User EViLHomer
(regular) Tue 02-Sep-14 12:45:06
Print Post

TalkTalk Leaving Deal

[link to this post]

Having been with TalkTalk for 5 years (rock solid connection including phone), am trying to cut costs so moving BB and Phone to Sky (2 years free as have Sky Sports). Having been pushing TT for months to improve the deal - no dice - until they get the letter from Sky.

They offered me free line rental for 12 months plus half price Essentials (£4.50 pm), this now beats the Sky deal over 24 months! Why don't they just look after their existing customers better.....

I have been annoyed as TT have become obsessed with their TV part of the package, with Sky HD - why do I want a YouView box!!
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Sep-14 12:50:11
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Leaving Deal

[re: EViLHomer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by EViLHomer:
I have been annoyed as TT have become obsessed with their TV part of the package, with Sky HD - why do I want a YouView box!!

They're trying to break Sky's stranglehold on the TV market. You can't blame them for trying, but no-one's managed it yet.

Oliver.
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Tue 02-Sep-14 13:52:02
Print Post

Just like EVilHomer I too have been with TalkTalk since March 2010, I too have had no problems with them, either phone or broadband.
I am on their Essentials package, this since originally signing up ( 12 month contract ) with the recent line rental increases I started looking around at other packages and ISPs for a better deal, The TalkTalk Simply Broadband package seemed to be right for me as I certainly wouldn't benefit with TV included in any package ( I live over 2 miles from my exchange as the crow flies, and get a max of 2.9 Mbps )
When I attempt to access the sign up for Simply Broadband on the TT website it comes up Not Available to me.

As I see it, I have no contract with TT apart from when initially signing up with them in 2010, there is at present an offer on for the Simply Broadband package which will save me a considerable amount of money even when signing up to a 12 month contract, in the mean time I've emailed them about the above and await a responce.
I presume the way to go would be simply to let them know I wish to leave them and then sign up again with their Simply Broadband package ?

Edited by stepdey (Tue 02-Sep-14 13:53:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User EViLHomer
(regular) Tue 02-Sep-14 13:59:05
Print Post

[re: stepdey] [link to this post]

Log into your TalkTalk account and "upgrade" your package? Simply broadband does not come with a phone Talk package - maybe thats why not available to you if already on their phone line? Other than that phone 0870 087 8030 (free from your TT line).

Whilst TT may be trying to break Sky's stranglehold on TV it will never happen whilst all they do is re-sell Sky's channels....
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Sep-14 14:06:45
Print Post

Whilst TT may be trying to break Sky's stranglehold on TV it will never happen whilst all they do is re-sell Sky's channels....

You can still have a TV platform re-selling channels bought wholesale. The vast majority of channels on the Sky platform are not Sky-branded channels.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Tue 02-Sep-14 14:13:35)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Sep-14 14:53:48
Print Post

Simply broadband does not come with a phone Talk package - maybe thats why not available to you if already on their phone line?
Simply BB comes with TT line rental; that poster has TT line rental. So NP!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Wed 03-Sep-14 11:55:31
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Eventually managed to speak to someone in the TT customer service dept ( using the number supplied by EVilHomer in his post ) I am now signed up to Simply Broadband.

Originally I was paying £8.50 a month for the Essentials package + £3.50 International Calls Boost, so £12 in total plus the cost of a few phone calls that were not included as part of the that package - so my usual monthly bill was approx in the region of £12.50.

On the Simply Broadband package I now will only have to pay £3.50 + £3.50 International Calls Boost, so £7 in total , a saving of £5 a month , which obviously over the costs of the year will help to lessen the cost of the increase in Line Rental.

I was however warned by the TT operative that, on this package if I made more than £50 worth of calls per month, I would automatically be cut off and not be able to make any further calls that month.

If it helps anyone, I was also given the following Customer Services phone number to call if I had any problems - 0870 714 5277
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Sep-14 07:51:28
Print Post

[re: stepdey] [link to this post]

Also you should be able to get an extra discount by asking about getting the same half price deal as new customers. Talk Talk make a big deal about the fact they offer the same deals to existing customer as to new ones
  Print Thread

Jump to