User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User curlybob
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 21:28:04
Print Post

Obtaining 'Fibre Large' (80/20)

[link to this post]

FTTC recently became available at my exchange and, being satisfied with the service I currently receive from TalkTalk, I decided I would upgrade to their 'Fibre Large' package.

However, when I go through the order process online, after entering my telephone number and address, it takes me to the confirmation page and the only package available is 'Fibre Medium' -- no good! I don't want my upload speed capped at 2mb.

Does this mean TalkTalk simply won't sell me their uncapped service? Are they more flexible over the phone?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Sep-14 21:57:49
Print Post

Re: Obtaining 'Fibre Large' (80/20)

[re: curlybob] [link to this post]

Probably the speed estimate is below 40 Mbps for download.

A phone order might resolve computer says no problem

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User curlybob
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 22:42:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

FWIW, the BT Wholesale estimates 35-48 down / 7-10 up.

I'll try them over the phone.

If they won't accommodate, I'll be taking my business elsewhere!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Sep-14 01:28:48
Print Post

[re: curlybob] [link to this post]

A good option might be Sky Fibre who offer 40Mbps and 10Mbps upload, that way you're not paying full wack for an 80Mbps service that you would only see around 40Mbps on and you still get a nice upload. I doubt your line would go over 10Mbps upload anyway. smile

It's currently free for 6 months then £20 a month.

This being said TalkTalk is likely to be cheaper than most of the options out there and I am sure they can resolve an issue this small. I would be surprised if not! So I personally think it's best to hang in with TT I am sure they can over ride the computer refusing you.
  Print Thread

Jump to