User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Mon 06-Oct-14 19:45:24
Print Post

Ordering FTTC

[link to this post]

An original Nildram customer but obviously find myself on TalkTalk's books. Wanted FTTC and placed an order on 6 SEP. Told I had to be converted to the business division first. Job done 19 SEP although that meant my fixed IP changed.

Ordered FTTC on the 19 SEP with an installation date of 29 SEP. With no show of OR engineered rang TalkTalk to discover they had no record of my order on their system even though I had an order acknowledgement!

Re-ordered FTTC on the 29 SEP with an installation date of 6 OCT. Another no show. Rang TalkTalk to be informed that the OR engineer was too busy to attend in the appointment slot. TalkTalk were unable to offer a new installation date there and then but I would be advised in due course when that would be.

When asked about compensation for the "lost order" and no shows was told that compensation or a good will payment could not be given.

Meanwhile the master socket with inbuilt filter failed. Was advised to connect to the hidden socket but had to buy an ADSL filter to do so. While this restored the internet connection it meant that the extension phone sockets no longer had a service. Was advised that it would cost £130 to replace the master socket but as FTTC was being installed in a few days later, that task would be free.

But of course the FTTC was not installed on the due date and so we still have extension phones that can't be used.

Now the business premises next door to us ordered FTTC from Zen 11 days ago; it went live yesterday. Inclined to run with Zen myself except it seems I am in contract with TalkTalk for a year because of my recent forced switch from domestic to business usage.

So if you are considering using TalkTalk for your internet and phone needs just take heed of what has happened to me with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:16:47
Print Post

Re: Ordering FTTC

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
Told I had to be converted to the business division first.
Why? Residential TT do FTTC.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Oct-14 12:46:29
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The Nildram customers run under the Business banner at TalkTalk

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Tue 07-Oct-14 13:21:34
Print Post

See if you are still able to cancel FTTC order and revert you ADSL back to how it was (no contract) and then cancel.

or

Contact their CEO asking for release from the service due to the failure to get you installed with the product required.

If you switched to TTB so you could get FTTC but are yet to FTTC then they shouldn't be able to keep you locked in to any contracts.

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia - Speed Test's: TBB | Ookla - BQM's: RS | AAISP | TBB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Oct-14 14:02:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The Nildram customers run under the Business banner at TalkTalk
In which case, seeing OP was already on Business @ TT, why did he have to do a seeming null convert to the business division thereby seemingly incurring a contract extension? confused

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 07-Oct-14 15:03:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
So if you are considering using TalkTalk for your internet and phone needs just take heed of what has happened to me with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to hear about your experience but my upgrade to TTB FTTC went as smooth as a babies bottom. Did they not give you an order number and confirmation email the first time you called them? I received mine within 5 mins of placing the order over the phone....

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps