User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User celad2001
(newbie) Sun 02-Nov-14 21:26:40
Print Post

Failed fibre installation talktalk woes

[link to this post]

despite my better judgement i had talktalk fibre installed on friday, the sky adsl was slow and the talktalk fibre seemed a bargain...WRONG.,
kelley came and replaced the faceplate despite it being one of the newer styles with master socket..whatever..he went to the cabinet and we had 40m sync, no internet connection but aparently "they" had been contacted and the changeover to talktalk would be in a couple of hours ie by 17:00.. NOPE phoned during the evening and was subjected to the india experience with all sorts of worthless platitudes but "not to worry all will be well soon" 12:03 an e-mail from talk talk "your internet is now connected" was busy saturday..sunday...no internet another pointless phone call to india, wait another pointless phone call to india, several hours online chat on the talk talk site still no indication of the problem or its rectification date despite checking and identifing lights and jolly useful chat STILL NO SERVICE... ANYONE ANY IDEAS HOW I CAN GET SOMEONE AT TALK TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM AND GET IT FIXED PLEASE.?? WHAT A MISTAKE YOU MAKE....!!!!!
I THINK I WILL HAVE TO CANCEL AND GROVEL BACK TO SKY..

Edited by celad2001 (Sun 02-Nov-14 21:32:25)

Standard User celad2001
(newbie) Tue 11-Nov-14 15:10:04
Print Post

Re: Failed fibre installation talktalk woes

[re: celad2001] [link to this post]

well it has become silly....
we had the original Kelly installer castigated and his office sent someone else out to fix the problem..guess what he couldn't do anything..the wiring in the house is ok its all good up to the fibre cabinet but the original job has been flagged as complete so Kelly cannot open the job again.. he went away..more phone calls...more phone calls more phone calls... calls to customer retention...talk talk wanted to charge me £50 for a talk talk engineer to call out..after some difficult moments it will be free next week...we are already day 5 ....day 12 talk talk man arrives confirms everything at the premises are ok its a problem with the exchange but talk talk wont escalate the no service problem as there is "a stop on the account " as I have asked sky to take over.. bear in mind this is the 12 th day and I have lost the plot now... talk talk will not provide the service until I remove the block on the account... nah I wont remove the disconnection threat until they connect any soft of service...oh and they are going to charge me £298 for cancelling the service they have never connected..... help anyone....?????
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Nov-14 22:41:05
Print Post

As a consumer you have various rights but you are expected to allow a provider reasonable time to resolve faults before moving elsewhere

Sounds like needs openreach to fix a cabinet side issue and TalkTalk should be getting openreach onto that. Placing an order with Sky may not have helped as will confuse openreach systems.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Wed 12-Nov-14 19:44:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Phone Sky to cancel or be prepared to pay the £298, you're the one making more problems else. Give TalkTalk time to fix things, they're great for most people including me! smile

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Thu 13-Nov-14 08:17:28
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

I had TalkTalk, when it worked it was fine but as soon as we hit a problem with disconnects, it was absolutely impossible to speak to anyone. All we got when we rung was a clueless non tech reading from a script.

Not worth the pain, I now pay a bit more for my broadband, but any problems Im straight through to someone who knows what they are doing.
Standard User celad2001
(newbie) Thu 13-Nov-14 14:24:07
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

well how long is a reasonable time to wait for a new installation to be working 5days., 12 days ? and still no indication when its likely to be working.

pay the £298 yeah right, whats that for 12 days of no service at all ..how long do you wait before going elsewhere?? a month or 2...nah
talktalk are a load of chimps, no one is prepared to address the problem just read the script and tell me I haven't plugged it in correctly......

I should have known better than joining up given all the tales of appauling customer service that there are around... if you want the £298 and the initial cost I am claiming back from the credit card company.....see you in court talk talk .

what a way to treat new customers..what they do to existing customers I cannot imagine
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Nov-14 15:05:54
Print Post

see you in court talk talk
You'd better hope that TT don't take you to court as you'll be the loser. You simply didn't give them sufficient time to fix the problem so you had better be prepared to pay their costs.
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Thu 13-Nov-14 15:31:50
Print Post

Silly question I know, but if, as you said in your original post, you have 40Mbps sync, are you sure you are using the correct username/password? What router are you using?
Standard User celad2001
(newbie) Thu 13-Nov-14 15:51:34
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

its a new talktalk superouter.. the Kelley man that came back after a customer care call to us identified an installation problem and the talk talk engineer that called both said its ok house -cab but the problem is elsewhere.. the installation was closed as completed apparently and cannot be re-opened.!!!
I connected to the router and it reported a connected 40m sync.
my guess is that there is still a sky adsl connection active on the line as well as the talktalk fibre...

we were quoted a 20 minute downtime when the fibre was connected... !!! and
yes mlud there was at no time an internet connection provided by talk talk during the 3 week period.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Thu 13-Nov-14 16:54:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
As a consumer you have various rights but you are expected to allow a provider reasonable time to resolve faults before moving elsewhere.

OK, hear you loud and clear on that one but what is deemed to be a reasonable time? For some, anything more than a couple of hours loss of service and they start pulling their hair out. But I suppose reasonably a changing of BB provider, for a like for a like service, should be completed by the end of the installation day.

BB service is now as much as an essential service as is a supply of water, gas and electricity services where those utilities fall over backwards to restore a supply. OK, following a storm. tempest or flood, you might may be off for an extended period of time but a routine job should be worked on continuously until the job is completed.

As an example, my electricity meter was recently "upgraded" and I was offline for 20 minutes. If there had been an unforeseen issue with that task, I wouldn't wait longer than the following day before seeking an alternative supply which might mean hooking in a generator as an alternative source of power.

So why do ISPs think that anything that takes longer than the planned outage period is not their responsibility to act in the best interests of the customer?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to