User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Thu 13-Nov-14 17:25:08
Print Post

Re: Failed fibre installation talktalk woes

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
So why do ISPs think that anything that takes longer than the planned outage period is not their responsibility to act in the best interests of the customer?

Because ISP's have to contract out the work.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Thu 13-Nov-14 18:04:05
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
So why do ISPs think that anything that takes longer than the planned outage period is not their responsibility to act in the best interests of the customer?

Because ISP's have to contract out the work.

So that makes it alright then? The job may be completed next day, next week or next year providing there is going to be a full moon on that date.
(committed) Thu 13-Nov-14 18:55:34
Print Post

So that makes it alright then? The job may be completed next day, next week or next year providing there is going to be a full moon on that date.

I was going to say what an inane comment but thought better and decided to ask:- If you had a daily paper and the newsagent, dependent on the delivery from his supplier, failed to deliver, would you shoot the newsagent?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Nov-14 21:26:04
Print Post

If I was a lawyer with a shelf of case books i would answer but its down to negotiation.

SLA to repair a voice fault is 4 days and that falls within the USO remit, broadband has no USO so longer is to be expected.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Nov-14 21:28:04
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Based on what we have seen and from a cold outsider viewpoint I am tempted to agree.

Only way forward really is get proper legal advice about your contractual obligations

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Fri 14-Nov-14 08:59:54
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:

I was going to say what an inane comment but thought better and decided to ask:- If you had a daily paper and the newsagent, dependent on the delivery from his supplier, failed to deliver, would you shoot the newsagent?

You must have seen a recent news item that a Bank was fined £2.5b because their customers were unable to access their bank accounts online for around a month. It turns out that the bank, through their parent company had contracted out the work to India. Now I don't suppose customers of that bank had a SLA to be able to use on line banking facilities but a month was deemed too long to fix a fault.

No shooting of messengers is necessary, but that fine should focus the minds of managers to have robust controls in place that if things go badly wrong then they can't endlessly allow a problem to fester. It seems that some ISPs can leverage out of BTOR a faster fault repair service and that must be down to the price paid by the consumer for the service.

As for the daily delivery of a newspaper where copy could not be delivered due to a supply failure, then it is/was common practice to delivery an alternative title.
(committed) Fri 14-Nov-14 09:46:25
Print Post

A very fair response to a rather belligerent comment on my part. (Must stop posting after a glass or two.) However, the current situation is of the OP's own making..
Standard User andythebrave
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 01:05:41
Print Post

[re: celad2001] [link to this post]

Read my post you got that to come I'm still sorting mine after 3 weeks
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Nov-14 11:45:28
Print Post

[re: andythebrave] [link to this post]

Nobody can read your post!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Sun 16-Nov-14 13:13:36
Print Post

BB service is now as much as an essential service as is a supply of water, gas and electricity services where those utilities fall over backwards to restore a supply.

I agree with Trolleybus on this. Government is urging us to save (taxpayers') money by accessing more and more on line, many if not most bank, file tax documents, pay bills, shop and even work online. Many like myself contact their doctors and arrange medications online.

Lost broadband and/or inability to contact support can cause huge problems and even an emergency, as I found to my cost when changing ISP last summer. Admittedly this huge swing to BB has happened very quickly in Parliamentary terms, but it's high time Government recognised BB as the new essential service.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to