User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bluesea
(committed) Fri 07-Nov-14 12:04:54
Print Post

TalkTalk IP blocks

[link to this post]

I'm with AOL which has been using the TalkTalk network since 2008. My IP address always used to start with 92.xxx (specifically 92.15.xxx since my exchange was LLU'ed).

I've had a few powercuts recently and therefore got new IPs - they've begun 78.145.xxx, 88.xxx and 2.96.xxx. I've never been on these IP ranges before, to my knowledge.

Have they stopped using the 92.xxx blocks? Will being on a new(?) range of IPs have any effect on my internet or am I still being connected to the same equipment?

Edited by bluesea (Fri 07-Nov-14 12:06:12)

Standard User andythebrave
(member) Tue 18-Nov-14 00:10:27
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk IP blocks

[re: bluesea] [link to this post]

im with talk talk and they cannot even configure my ip correct according to my ping test im with Tiscali , well I beg to differ since I pay my bill tom talk talk, I left years ago form aol as wa spoor service then discovered talk talk owns them and the aol call center in india is also talk talk and Tiscali
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Nov-14 00:15:46
Print Post

[re: andythebrave] [link to this post]

TalkTalk own Tiscali so perfectly valid, and the looks from ping tests etc depend on third parties keeping up to date with all the blocks moving around too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Nov-14 00:17:19
Print Post

Change of IP address should have no real effect, this happens when you use a dynamic IP address service.

Some providers use different blocks for different gateways onto their network but they should be all the same in terms of Internet access unless there is a fault somewhere of course.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Nov-14 01:35:23
Print Post

You've just been moved from a block of AOL IPs to other TT/Opal IPs. There's no reason for you not to go back to the 92.15. in the future as they still belong to CPW/TT. But it doesn't really matter as with a dynamic IP you can be allocated any IP from CPW/TT at each resync.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to