User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andythebrave
(member) Sat 15-Nov-14 18:40:58
Print Post

do not use open reach or talk talk for fttc this i my story

[link to this post]

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibr...

please go to the link and read 3 weeks fibre to cabinet since install not a day gone y without sync ping and speed issues what ever you do don't go to talk talk or any company that uses bt /openreach for repairs as obviously they cannot get broadband to work on a good line especially when its obvious nobody si willing to pick up the phone and sort this , I was promised a call form an engineer on friday never got it if he had turned up it would have been the 4th yes the 4th engineer visit for a good line to fix the fault . this is astonishing of the incompetence of two companies for one line I am seeing .
heres the link again
http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibr...
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Nov-14 21:36:32
Print Post

Re: do not use open reach or talk talk for fttc this i my st

[re: andythebrave] [link to this post]

Can you condense your issue in to a few lines?

What speed are you actually getting and what do you expect?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Nov-14 22:03:40
Print Post

Re: do not use openreach or talk talk for fttc this i my sto

In reply to a post by andythebrave:
what ever you do don't go to talk talk or any company that uses bt /openreach for repairs
Not easy! That restricts you to Virgin.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Sat 15-Nov-14 22:15:56
Print Post

Why would I want to read a link for 3 weeks...? I got that far then realised it was a rant.

Virgin Cable (50/3)
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sat 15-Nov-14 23:05:57
Print Post

you on an 80/20 product i assume - what distance are you from your cabinet --

assume this is to do with your understanding of FTTC
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sat 15-Nov-14 23:09:35
Print Post

so what is your issue your speed or your service provider you on at up to 80/20 product and your getting about 50 - so no sure what issue is there -- Openreach is nothting to do with your service provider and openreach would only have resonded to your service provdiers ask - confused
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 00:12:48
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

I'm an engineerthe cabinet 300 m or so m away at exchange.
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 00:53:30
Print Post

Issue speed ping and throughput dlm changing drastically , to sum it up a complete screw of line and broadband ,4 dayso waiting for England over 3 weeks one no turn out, and it's not a rant it's a log to show that they are not fixing it . I am answering everyone question I should if not bob on be very close to 76 MB
It's has actually dropped to 42 MB at one point down. This was posted here as I am sick to death of getting it's with our engineers with out no contact , I'm still awaiting a call since Friday , that did not happen , the fact the call centre has not done anything as tgey are not giving away what they have done not done . Took 1 week to get dlm reset , last mMon they promised to turn off interleaving , I've pointedone out fttc port is faulty not lline zero errors lines report above 80 MB capable by superpower. No errors no discarded packets. Open reach engineers cam to check house naff as the faults not here but at exchange/fthe box.
is donot have control of fttc boxes only open reach its a leased to is product.
I prob no more than you guys about fttc, dlm on a good line should go up not down , ping should be same as ads 2 there is no reason for it to change .
The tracer shows 1st hop after router 20 ms which shows data that the porot is interleaving a good line hence prob causing probs explained it to them till I'm blue in the face , they have admitted fault away from property but it's not being fixed the rant as it's been put are questions I have to ask before I sue them for lost income , due the fact they as already said do not know what they are doing. There's 2 solutions they fix or I do but Ifor I fixity it will cost them a lot . The engineers even install said nothing wrong with line but do not understand why it's dropping sync . Havery tried with 2nd router still same issue .
now this is not a rant it goes to show why bt / openreach engineer and talk talk are not doing there jon and are failing to uphold the contract. They provide , yes I know the contract with my provider but it's still not fixed/stable . This failure has lasted 3 weeks so far , I still cannot understand why they not check a new fttc box fir defects and replaced the defective parts as it should be fully under warranty . If I was not locked into a 18 month contract I would have left by now , and this is what to expect if your line goes faulty , every time I've had a fault I hit on head when rang the but always takes an inordinate amount of time to fix, openreach promise on fttc that they would fix on visit the fault firest time we'll not here. A deposit just so talk talk are aware I am ringing of com on Monday .
If you look at the results the thing is screwed.
that's me summing it up 3 weeks in one report .
Look at speed test ping test traceats router stats you will see I'm correct , if they working on it they genuinely should be able to tell me what they have done , that forum is alternative way to get isp to do there job .
Acord ING to my router and it check I'm now with tiscalli that's funny as never been with them and that now needs fixing on top of everything else .
so if it's not the router , not the cable not the distance were the fix .
I have asked several things and stated on the forums so the cannot deny they know anything about it .
One thing disk Turpin got hung for highway robbery these guys are getting away with it . And yes I think virgins service is better than any bt network/ open reach exchange system as they can provide a working service. Mines not perform and stable like it should be , I may even site breach of contract and go back to my old ads 2 + at least its more reliable .

Oh here's the rant for you and to topmit all up there putting the line rental up by 12 pounds a year in December
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 01:02:01
Print Post

Fast man read the answer on the page as I was trying to avoid by showing a log what has happened , they still do not know how to fix it , I only had 5 mins to post as was wife's birthday , but my ex prince of bt AOL and talk talk and it also includes nil dram is stay away from them if you can. My experience over the years is run a mile esp the Indian call centre they cannoticom a phone up they send it via computer to open reach who have 36 hours to respond , as new it engine I have to respond to most calls with in 2 hrs and fixed as a rule by next day . So urepeat it's not a rant itso a log of what's going on , I have no included an hour a day on phone trying get this fixed. They have already refunded installation costs but still not fixed it.
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 01:04:22
Print Post

Re: do not use openreach or talk talk for fttc this i my sto

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Well not very constructive are you just state the obvows why don't ya , I will meet sarcasm with the same
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to