User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Sloth3636
(newbie) Sun 14-Dec-14 15:56:55
Print Post

Just left Talk Talk, am I glad ?

[link to this post]

You bet !

Gone to ZEN on 11 Dec. Still on ADSL but soon upgrading to FTTC. I know its early days, but the difference is significant.

My ADSL with Zen is very very stable, min latency with ZEN is consistently below 20ms, TT was 35ms and rising week by week by stealth ! ADSL Speed with ZEN was advertised as 14mbps I am getting 19.8 mbps, Talk Talk was on average 15mbps but fluctuated wildly between 8 and 17mbps.

And the best is the ZEN customer service. Ring and straight through and the person at the other end has 100% of your information to hand. Communication and delivery of the changeover was flawless.

Yes it it more expensive, but value for money.

Big Smile
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 14-Dec-14 22:51:03
Print Post

Re: Just left Talk Talk, am I glad ?

[re: Sloth3636] [link to this post]

I was fearing your experience when I joined TalkTalk. In reality I'm getting 16ms pings to BBC, and throughput 85% of synch speed, all day every day. I'm crossing my fingers crossed it stays this way. wink

On the downside, a few days after I joined, line rental went up by 75p and anytime calls went up by £2.50 (albeit now including calls to mobiles), which stings a little.

Oliver.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 15-Dec-14 08:01:37
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
I was fearing your experience when I joined TalkTalk. In reality I'm getting 16ms pings to BBC, and throughput 85% of synch speed, all day every day. I'm crossing my fingers crossed it stays this way. wink

On the downside, a few days after I joined, line rental went up by 75p and anytime calls went up by £2.50 (albeit now including calls to mobiles), which stings a little.

On the plus side, you can use the TalkTalk Talk2Go app on your smartphone to call mobiles free of charge, via wifi or 3G. Works brilliantly on my iphone 6 smile (i'm using the business version app as i'm on TTB)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Asus RT-AC87R

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 15-Dec-14 08:51:34
Print Post

[re: Sloth3636] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sloth3636:
You bet !

Gone to ZEN on 11 Dec. Still on ADSL but soon upgrading to FTTC. I know its early days, but the difference is significant.

My ADSL with Zen is very very stable, min latency with ZEN is consistently below 20ms, TT was 35ms and rising week by week by stealth ! ADSL Speed with ZEN was advertised as 14mbps I am getting 19.8 mbps, Talk Talk was on average 15mbps but fluctuated wildly between 8 and 17mbps.

And the best is the ZEN customer service. Ring and straight through and the person at the other end has 100% of your information to hand. Communication and delivery of the changeover was flawless.

Yes it it more expensive, but value for money.

Big Smile

To put the boot on the other foot, i was with Zen many moons ago and my line synced at the max 8128/832 kbps rate. I used to get full line speeds (7 meg) during the day but come evening my speeds would drop to 2 meg. Nothing Zen could do as i was on piddly market 1 exchange in the Scottish Highlands where everyone suffered peak time slowdowns irrespective of ISP. As soon as TalkTalk LLU'd my exchange my speeds shot up to 18 meg day & night and up to this day, BT still haven't 21CN'd my clapped out, flea ridden exchange. Does that mean TalkTalk are better than Zen? wink

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps