User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Mon 05-Jan-15 14:41:54
Print Post

Wanting to Switch......................

[link to this post]

This might be slightly awkward. I've had serious problems with BT for the past 3 months. They wouldn't talk to me to arrange a new deal when my contract for BT was about to end (seriously) didn't seem interested and to top it off when my phone line broke down last month it was left more faulty if it makes sense (my phone line cut out and turned out it was the fiaceplace that was goosed and then to top it all off after the repair had been done when I tried to connect my sky box to the phone line it knocked my broadband out) I've had enough of them in general. Now I've chosen talk talk to go with (i've looked around and they seem really quite cheap) and I can save 30 quid a month too for a year. I've gave them my details and i'm due to go live with them on the 20th but with the problems i've had with BT in general, i'm worried that they will try and prevent me from leaving them. Sorry if the post doesn't make sense
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 05-Jan-15 15:21:31
Print Post

Re: Wanting to Switch......................

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

They cannot prevent you from leaving

Only issue will be if there is outstanding money owed to them

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Mon 05-Jan-15 15:24:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
They cannot prevent you from leaving

Only issue will be if there is outstanding money owed to them

I'll deal with that after the switch in due course. Not mornally i'm anxious about things but with all the hassle i've had with BT last few months I do find it hard to trust them. That eases my mind a little. Got somebody from talk talk looking into it too

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Jan-15 16:47:27
Print Post

Is there still a faceplate issue? It will probably still be a BT Engineer that will be required to fix the issue.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
(committed) Mon 05-Jan-15 17:08:05
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Is there still a faceplate issue? It will probably still be a BT Engineer that will be required to fix the issue.

The funny thing is I did check a bit earlier (out of luck) and for whatever reason it seems to be OK now (before though it wasn't as I would put my double connector which splits the phone and sky box) as I was putting that in? my internet would cut out (if it did work I was losing 20MB) but having just the phone line in on it's own and everything was normal. Might be a strange slice of work but it seems normal again. (I did have a openreach faceplate but that got took out and replaced with a filter) it's BT'S attitude in general too that's caused me to do this with the contract issues I had with them too (Most companies would be delighted to talk new contracts) but BT'S way to deal with it was not only to ignore me and when they did decide to contact me direct me to the ombusdman (that complaint with them has been ongoing for about 2 months too)
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Jan-15 14:26:52
Print Post

Sky box only has to be connected to phone if under 12 months from start of contract or if you have multiroom or ordering services.

(committed) Wed 07-Jan-15 00:15:16
Print Post

Sky box only has to be connected to phone if under 12 months from start of contract or if you have multiroom or ordering services.

I've always just kept it there regardless. Much easier in the long term
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Jan-15 18:25:02
Print Post

Not easier if you don't need it connected and it is causing issues.

Standard User ste211270
(regular) Wed 07-Jan-15 19:20:50
Print Post

OR you can use your broadband connection instead of landline
if still within contract period also multiroom no longer need to be connected at all
Standard User unknown101
(newbie) Wed 07-Jan-15 20:29:37
Print Post

Sounds like your Sky connector is/was causing a loop on the line. Would always disconnect Sky's dodgy internal wiring from the sockets to the Sky box. They're known to cause issues on phone lines.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to