User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Tue 06-Jan-15 21:15:11
Print Post

TalkTalk Fibre less consistent speeds than ADSL2+

[link to this post]

What speeds do you guys get on TalkTalk Fibre, [especially the *up to* 38Mb medium service?].

Also anyone get top speeds on WiFi with the included so-called super router? 35Mb is probably the best I'll get on WiFi but usually speeds are 20 - 25Mb and I sync at a steady 39994 kbits/s.

My speeds are around 30Mb even with the ethernet plugged in, AM or PM makes no difference. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

I read on the official TT support forum that some guy was having the same issues as me, but he was suddenly getting consistent download speeds of 38Mb after he added the TT TV package. I have zero interest in paying extra for the TV and just want the phone and broadband only. I hope TalkTalk aren't throttling non-TV customers who have fibre!

Edited by Fenris (Tue 06-Jan-15 21:20:10)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Jan-15 10:33:20
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Fibre less consistent speeds than ADSL2+

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

The variation in the tbb result line suggests congestion or network issues of one sort of another. Is the same pattern of peek followed by trough repeatable?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Wed 07-Jan-15 11:06:49
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Fibre less consistent speeds than ADSL2+

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fenris:
I have zero interest in paying extra for the TV and just want the phone and broadband only. I hope TalkTalk aren't throttling non-TV customers who have fibre!

You should be able to get TT Plus package without the TV (even though its not advertised), i got this last year without tv & at the same time they should heavilly discount this as you're not taking the TV option. FYI i got the plus package for £5.75pm (no TV) whereas the regular price is around £14.50 pm.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps