User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 13-Jan-15 22:10:48
Print Post

High latency at peak times

[link to this post]

Hi,
Have had a pretty solid fibre connection with Talktalk Business since April but over the last week or so getting high pings between 6pm to midnight - no packet loss though. TTB have done numerous line tests and they say no issues on my line, if there was exchange congestion that would show up on the line tests. Speeds also drop to approx 50 meg at peak times, usually get 75 meg. Any idea what the issue could be? I'm directly connected to the master socket, mk2 faceplate fitted by Quinn fella. Latest graph:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/7a96028627e...
Thanks

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Asus RT-AC87R
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Jan-15 22:31:53
Print Post

Re: High latency at peak times

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

So speed tests are slowing down and latency is up? If modem connecting fine then says contention somewhere

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 13-Jan-15 22:51:00
Print Post

Re: High latency at peak times

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. Can there be congestion on the fibre links to the exchange? I know Openreach are enabling fibre cabs left right & centre in the Inverness Culloden area ( BDUK) and my cab (NSICL #6) is already full, awaiting further line cards.

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps