User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chug_a_Bug
(member) Thu 15-Jan-15 14:48:26
Print Post

Worth switching to TalkTalk?

[link to this post]

Hey I'm thinking of switching to TalkTalk SimplyBroadband (free for 12 months then £3.50 pcm + £16.70 line rental). I only use the landline for broadband basically I'm not interested in call packages so this seems ideal.

I'm currently on Sky paying £10 for BB (non-TV contract) + £16.40 line rental + £1.00 for voicemail (keep meaning to cancel that) = £27.40 pcm for LLU line (TT is the only other LLU provider and no cable providers on this exchange)

Service is good with Sky I have no connection problems getting a solid 16mbps download, 1.1 upload

So in your opinion is it worth switching to TT? Or am I opening a can of worms? Customer service is terrible I've heard but Sky's is nothing to write home about not that I've had to call them much service has been good.

thanks in advance.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Jan-15 14:56:56
Print Post

Re: Worth switching to TalkTalk?

[re: Chug_a_Bug] [link to this post]

Both TalkTalk and Sky are fine. I believe Sky have dropped the £2.50 supplement for new customers without Sky TV so you could try getting that deducted?

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Jan-15 15:16:39
Print Post

Re: Worth switching to TalkTalk?

[re: Chug_a_Bug] [link to this post]

If this was me, get the £1 voice mail cancelled and then raise issue that new customers are only charged £7.50 per month.

Probably still work out more expensive than TalkTalk but saves the hassle of moving service, who knows might be lucky and get a really good deal seen as Sky have a free years broadband

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to