User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User greatcapp
(experienced) Wed 11-Mar-15 12:18:31
Print Post

Fibre Broadband 76mb FUP/AUP?

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

I'm toying with the idea of leaving BT Infinity (after 5 consecutive incorrect quarterly bills & 50 or so phone calls) and TalkTalk seem to have good offers.

I'm a bit wary of them, as I've only ever heard bad things though.
Could anyone tell me if they are TRULY unlimited? If I was to download a few TB in a month, would I be throttled? I've looked at their pages, but I only seem to be able to find details on ADSL, not fibre.

Also, I live very close to the exchange (and maybe 300m from my cabinet - currently, from BT I get around 72-76mb down & 17mb up. Would I get the same with TalkTalk? I assume that nothing really changes if I swap, only my billing?

Thanks.

I Poke Badgers With Spoons
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Mar-15 12:24:25
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband 76mb FUP/AUP?

[re: greatcapp] [link to this post]

No fair use policy or throttling, network is really unlimited.

If you bought the up to 76 Mbps product from TalkTalk similar connection speeds should be possible

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Mar-15 12:44:07
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband 76mb FUP/AUP?

[re: greatcapp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greatcapp:
Hi guys,

I'm toying with the idea of leaving BT Infinity (after 5 consecutive incorrect quarterly bills & 50 or so phone calls) and TalkTalk seem to have good offers.

I'm a bit wary of them, as I've only ever heard bad things though.
Could anyone tell me if they are TRULY unlimited? If I was to download a few TB in a month, would I be throttled? I've looked at their pages, but I only seem to be able to find details on ADSL, not fibre.

Also, I live very close to the exchange (and maybe 300m from my cabinet - currently, from BT I get around 72-76mb down & 17mb up. Would I get the same with TalkTalk? I assume that nothing really changes if I swap, only my billing?

Thanks.

Yes they are truly unlimited. Nothing wrong with actual TT fibre connection, it will be no better or worse than other mainstream providers such as BT, Plusnet, Sky et al. Their phone support isn't the best but that's hardly surprising given how cheap they (simple economics). To get decent UK based support, post your queries on the TT forum. If TT were really THAT bad, they would have 4 customers not 4 million plus. As Orange (LLU) found out a few years ago, it doesn't matter how cheap you are, if the actual connection is pants customers will leave you in droves.....

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps